Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any military families out there? - kinda freakin out!

Posted by   + Show Post
So, my husband is about to join the army again. We were in before. Our now 5 year old was fully vaxed until age 4 (I was nervous about it the last couple times but was still learning and felt pressured by our doc at that point) until she had a seizure. The more I read, the more I freaked out and I'm TERRIFIED of vaccinations now. We now also have a 14 month old totally unvaxed babe... Okay. Now, he's about to join the military again (we've been out for 2 years, in a small-ish town and I haven't been too nervous) well... Now I'm nervous. I don't know what to do. I'd like to talk to other military non-vaccinating families... But I don't know if there are any! :( help, please!
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Replies (11-14):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Well he just got back (last week)so hopefully he won't deploy again any time soon. Maybe I'll be pregnant or have a baby if he does so he won't have to get more stupid shots

Quoting marlees_mama:

Quoting kitty8199:

I'm discussing marriage with a guy in the army. It makes me nervous. Maddie is unvaxed but I haven't even discussed it with him and he wants kids with me. I'm honestly more worried about them shooting him up with shit. The kids don't have to, he does.

That freaks me out too. /: he was allowed to skip the smallpox vax before his last deployment because he had a child under 2 at home. But he had to get everything else. Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I know. It's bullshit how little they care for these men/women

Quoting emmy526:

i'd be worried too, since our gov uses these men as guinea pigs without any safety testing or protocol in place...the untold consequences could be lifetime disability that the military will NOT acknowledge OR pay for.   We all know they aren't paying for our boys coming home injured from the war.  Heck, they can't even provide them with a place to live or a job when they get back, nor a decent wage for fighting the enemy. 

Quoting kitty8199:

I'm discussing marriage with a guy in the army. It makes me nervous. Maddie is unvaxed but I haven't even discussed it with him and he wants kids with me.
I'm honestly more worried about them shooting him up with shit. The kids don't have to, he does.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I've heard horror stories about anthrax vaccine. Hopefully he won't have any more

Quoting jlc91:

Quoting kitty8199:

I'm discussing marriage with a guy in the army. It makes me nervous. Maddie is unvaxed but I haven't even discussed it with him and he wants kids with me.
I'm honestly more worried about them shooting him up with shit. The kids don't have to, he does.

When I was engaged to XH he was forced to start the anthrax series.  That's what actually got me researching vaccines and realizing what lengths are being gone to by the gov't and Big Pharma to cover up side effects.  Anthrax vax  is soooo nasty and the military just keeps pushing it on them and saying it's not causing all the problems that it really is!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marlees_mama
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
The anthrax vaccine freaks me out. We know all about the things they DON'T DO for veterans. :( my husband has been out for two years. But, at least these soldiers are making the choice themselves, not their parents making the choice for them! I hate that I had my daughter fully vaxed and didn't do better research for her. :( they do a pretty good job these days, making sure the masses don't do any research and making the ones that do look crazy. >_
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)