Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poisoning the Cat?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

this is what my friends son said about their cat after the cat's trip to the vet for a check up and shots...this was on facebook

oh, the cat is elderly as well

Quote:

Yeah, sadly I had to go to work during the time that Tiger needed his shots. There was no other time the vet would allow. Thank you Thomas and Mother for doing this!

Tiger still doesn't seem happy... He is not used to the shots. He is acting weird so I'm guessing the shots are working?

i feel like writing a comment on how the cat is most likely feels poisoned and sick, and i hope he pulls thru. Poor cat!!

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
'Hes acting weird so the shots are working'

SMH
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Acting weird means the shots are causing complications durrr smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_gig
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM

This is what I was going to say, too. What a dumb thing to say. I agree that he's most likely acting "weird" from not feeling well. 

Quoting ceckyl:

'Hes acting weird so the shots are working'

SMH

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My cats act cranky after their rabies shot.  We only do rabies since we have woods near out house and both cats like to go out.  It is my understanding that rabies is not treatable in animals and very difficult to treat in other animals and humans.  We do chose to do the 3 year shot rather than the yearly to limit exposure to the adjuvicants in the vaccine.

coala
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Poor baby!!!!  I had to get a rabies shot for one of my fur babies that disappeared for 10 days over the summer.  I felt terrible doing it, but I feared for her safety if she got out again.  She did and I am glad that she is protected, but I feel like a terrible pet parent for having to do it.  BTW the vet wouldn't have treated her had I not gotten the vaccine, and no others in my area would either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)