Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear Infections?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 232 Total Views
I'm curious ladies, how many of your completely non-vaxed kiddos have had ear infections and how many? My older son who was vaxed as a baby had them constantly, but my 10month old vax free has had none. Moms in my birth month group are always complaining about them and some chronically. It's so sad that people don't even consider a link and some have kids that are always sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rishsticks
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM
My daughter has had two but we've been keeping them at bay by getting her adjusted at the chiropractor twice a month.
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM
My girls are 5 years and 9 months, neither have had any vaccines or any ear infections. My vaxxed niece had them chronically as an infant, her partially vaxxed younger bro had none. My unvaxxed nephew has also never had an ear infection.

There is undoubtedly a connection between ear infections and vaccines. But, just like everything else, it is not the only possible cause.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondboy2012
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I've been taking my boys since the baby was 4 months. Maybe that's a big reason. Is it helping with her ears and does it seem to help any other problems/sickness.

Quoting rishsticks:

My daughter has had two but we've been keeping them at bay by getting her adjusted at the chiropractor twice a month.
secondboy2012
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Oh yes I agree. I've been very curious bc of my own experiences with my two boys. I wanted others opinions bc I'm amazed at the differences in my two.

Quoting jellyphish:

My girls are 5 years and 9 months, neither have had any vaccines or any ear infections. My vaxxed niece had them chronically as an infant, her partially vaxxed younger bro had none. My unvaxxed nephew has also never had an ear infection.

There is undoubtedly a connection between ear infections and vaccines. But, just like everything else, it is not the only possible cause.
rishsticks
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Yes. She hasn't had an infection since then. She hasn't had any vaccines. She's 12 months old. Once she was adjusted and while she had a cold and it seemed to help.

Quoting secondboy2012:

I've been taking my boys since the baby was 4 months. Maybe that's a big reason. Is it helping with her ears and does it seem to help any other problems/sickness.

Quoting rishsticks:

secondboy2012
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM
That's great! Neither of mine have had more then a sniffle since we started going. Our chiro also suggested a few herbs when they seem to be coming down with something. So far the combo has worked great, even with so many around us sick.

Quoting rishsticks:

Yes. She hasn't had an infection since then. She hasn't had any vaccines. She's 12 months old. Once she was adjusted and while she had a cold and it seemed to help.

Quoting secondboy2012:

Quoting rishsticks:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM

my oldest had constant ear infections too, and bronchitis, which i attritube to the dpt vax...my third and fourth kids did not have the issues with ear infections like the first...the second nonvax child got them, but i believe it was more due to people smoking in the house around her.  If her environment had been more healthy, she would have been too.  

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

My two oldest who were vaxed til age 2 had 5 or 6 each. My youngest who is vax free has had one that was treated with antibiotics and possibly a second one that was treated with colloidal silver. I did not take her to the dr. for the 2nd one. My two oldest were sick often through their first and second year. My middle one also had to be hospitalized for Bronchialitis at 2 mo. I looked at the records I kept. They had him get his shots 20 days after being hospitalized. Then when I took him in for his 6 mo appt, he had stuff nose, cough, ear infection & a rash, yet they still gave him the shots. How could I be so gullible?!?

DragonBoy2012
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Yep, my mom vaxxed,me, also formula. She says i was lotsa,ear infections,also said,i was,drinkibg iyt of cup@,6mo because my ears plugges and hard to suck from bottle. I am raising DS conpletely opposite of how,i was,raised!! He is vax free, attachment parenting, i wear him everwhere, EXCLUSIVELY breastfed, no pacifiers, no bottles, INTACT, CO-SLEEP, no rice cereal, BLW@ 8mo.
Many many people comment on how alert, how Aware, and how healthy and Happy DS is.

I am a,believer, a true, firm believer that all the aforementioned is attributed to no vax.

Thank goodness i was,able to my concince my DH (finally!!! It took me 8months to convibce him, DH agrees, but i dont think he UNDERSTANDS entirely)

Lasly, kids i nannied for, completely vaxxed ...they were worn, and organic diet, AND sick ALOT, many bottles of Amoxicillin that were in the refrigerator. Oldest, had tubes inserted, please dont do that, it was/is ridiculous.
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Between our five kids ,I think we have had three or four ear infections. Though I do wonder how often they might have jad oje and it went away without us knowing. We don't typically go to the doctor but I have a friend who goes at the first sign that the kids could be sick. They often have ear infections and the kids haven't even complained about their ears! It just kakes me wonder if we have had more and just did not notice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)