Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm curious ladies, how many of your completely non-vaxed kiddos have had ear infections and how many? My older son who was vaxed as a baby had them constantly, but my 10month old vax free has had none. Moms in my birth month group are always complaining about them and some chronically. It's so sad that people don't even consider a link and some have kids that are always sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-15):
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Ds had 2 vaxes Dd none.  Both have had 1 ear infection (at the same time, lol) and they got it from a playmate who is vaxed. 

ruthie11617
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM

My older son was vaxed fully and had a few ear infections as an infant. We have more trouble now with sinus infections (like if he has a runny nose for longer than a week, we end up with a sinus infection. Makes allergy season horrible). My youngest son has had no vaxes and had to have ear tubes put in when he was seven months old because of the number of ear infections and constant fluid behind his eardrums.

Magnolia7
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Unfortunately, we started vaxing my son before we knew better.  He had a string of ear infections and the only thing that ended it was seeing a chiropractor.  So glad we know better for the next baby

Quoting secondboy2012:

I've been taking my boys since the baby was 4 months. Maybe that's a big reason. Is it helping with her ears and does it seem to help any other problems/sickness.

Quoting rishsticks:

My daughter has had two but we've been keeping them at bay by getting her adjusted at the chiropractor twice a month.

Dakota1228
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM

We too vaxed until my son had chronic ear infections and went to the chiropractor and they have since vanished!!! 

ZoeyBethsMomma
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM

My DD is 5 in April and has had two in her whole life, one last Feb. and one this past December. My son is 3 tomorrow and has never had one. Both of them had the vit. K and eye goo at birth and DS had the first hep B (both are adopted and I had no control), but otherwise unvaxed. Neither were in daycare, though. DD started preschool at 3 1/2 and DS started at 2.

DD has just started chiropractic following this recent infection (had a couple of adjustments last year after the Feb. one) and DS started adjustments around the same time for help with sensory processing issues. I kick myself every day for not getting him adjusted as a newborn but I was just so weirded out by the thought of someone adjusting a delicate little baby. I had freakish visions of them accidentally twisting the baby's head off, which of course were irrational, but there you go. Hindisight. :o(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)