Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccinations for International Travel

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 101 Total Views
Seeking any/all personal experiences, websites, documentation, etc.

WHEN DS,IS 5/6/7 yrs old we will probably be travelling overseas, maybe Costa Rica, France, Spain, New Zealand, Italy.

In the next couple years we prob travel to Austin, Hawaii, TX, Florida, Colorado, Tennessee. So i am assuming we,are,o.k for travel within US, correct?

I was successfully able to convince DH that we are NOT VAX DS....AND DH keeps on saying, "yeah well he is gonna,have to get shots if you wanna travel to those exotic places you dream about honey."

I dont respond, i turn my head and walk away. (i am the one who researches everthing INCLUDING VAX

(**mostly to build my stance, and have evidence DS is sooo much better to be vax -free) and he says he doesnt have time to reasearch these non-vax stuff, so i say "I do, I will, and as,a,result ;-) ;-) i make 99% of the decisions!!! From EC to EBF, to no pacifer, to what to feed on BLW, to what he sleeps in (bye bye cotton, givescsweat rash under arms), .......(hopefully Homeschooling!!!!!)

I hope this cannot possibly be true, what do you KNOW?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM
We have traveled to Mexico, Dominican and Cuba and never had an issue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM
There are a few places that require one or two vaccinations. It is not a lot, and not everywhere.

West africa requires a yellow fever vax. We plan to take our children one day and will get the vax. I believe the trip is too important to skip because of one vaccination.

Just check the countries website. And be very careful. Sometimes they will say you 'need' a vaccine to enter the country, bit it isn't actually an official requirement. There are the mandatory ones and then a ton that are strongly advised. If it is a requirement, there is a yellow card that goes in yournpasspoelrt and a physician has to record the vaccination on it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)