Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FLULAVAL packet insert

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 437 Total Views

"And there have been no controlled trials adequately demonstrating a decrease in influenza disease after vaccination with FLULAVAL ". And the media reported that the flu vaccine was 63% effective, they must have been talking about a different flu vaccine :/

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corbysmom531
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

That's for last year's vaccine, right?

Technically, they can't do trials for those because they can't test it in flu season till flu season hits.  They can only go off of percentages once the flu "outbreak" hits.

Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM

But it should be tested before being put on the market or is it just ok to use the general public as the trial group but not tell them.

Quoting corbysmom531:

Technically, they can't do trials for those because they can't test it in flu season till flu season hits.  They can only go off of percentages once the flu "outbreak" hits.

corbysmom531
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I think the general public should know they're not tested.  They will usually test them for side effects, but they can't test them for effectiveness outside of a lab.  KWIM?  Common sense should tell someone that, but I guess a lot of people are lacking that too.  lol

Quoting Mommyfish831:

But it should be tested before being put on the market or is it just ok to use the general public as the trial group but not tell them.

Quoting corbysmom531:

Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM

They do that with all vaccines.  They should make control groups testing their effectiveness before they send it out to the general public.  Idk why people are ok with the fact that they don't.  Sheeple!  I don't understand.  But I get what you were saying that the news was reporting that after it had been used in the flu season.  But what do they have to say for themselves now?  With this years flu epidemic all over the news?  How can the vaccine be effective at all?

Quoting corbysmom531:

I think the general public should know they're not tested.  They will usually test them for side effects, but they can't test them for effectiveness outside of a lab.  KWIM?  Common sense should tell someone that, but I guess a lot of people are lacking that too.  lol

Quoting Mommyfish831:

Quoting corbysmom531:

corbysmom531
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

And that is why we don't get the flu vax! lol  One year I did, and it worked.  But after knowing what I know now, there's no way I'm going to get one. 

Quoting Mommyfish831:

They do that with all vaccines.  They should make control groups testing their effectiveness before they send it out to the general public.  Idk why people are ok with the fact that they don't.  Sheeple!  I don't understand.  But I get what you were saying that the news was reporting that after it had been used in the flu season.  But what do they have to say for themselves now?  With this years flu epidemic all over the news?  How can the vaccine be effective at all?

Quoting corbysmom531:

Quoting Mommyfish831:

Quoting corbysmom531:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I think they just make up numbers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Ya I'm sure they do 

Quoting kitty8199:

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Do they say where they get their numbers? What do they base their 63% effectiveness on?

Quoting kitty8199:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
No clue. That's why I think they just pull a number out of their ass

Quoting Ichthus:

Do they say where they get their numbers? What do they base their 63% effectiveness on?

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyfish831
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Righ!? Because they want it to seem effective but not to effective because nobody would believe it was 85%, then they'd start asking to see th proof.  But 63% does not raise to many eyebrows, their like oh ok.

Quoting kitty8199:

No clue. That's why I think they just pull a number out of their ass

Quoting Ichthus:

Quoting kitty8199:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)