Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The "Doctors" ....

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 451 Total Views

Apparently, they're going to discuss how the flu epidemic is so bad because of the weather on today's show. SMH. Okay, sure, maybe it has something to do with it...but really?? We're going to blame the weather??

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjrex87
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM

We had tornados blow through the area early this morning. I guess I should go get my flu shot...

Fields456
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes cause that makes since. So I'm sick right now so im going to blame the 80 degree weather we have had the last 2 days sounds so dumb how about we blame ppl not staying home when sick or properly washing their hands or covering their mouths and noses when the cough or sneeze. Or idk the fact that the flu vaccine or any vaccine weakens your immune system leaving u vulnerable to catching the flu and other things alot easier. Then passing it on by doing all o the things I listed first
Any of those would be better. But the weather really. Ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:44 AM

THey will go to any lengths possible to negate doubt about the effectiveness of the flu shot amongsst the masses in order to keep selling their product....what cockamamy story is next??

PEEK05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Pfffft

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I wonder what the  flu illness and death statistics woud be if no one got vaccinated? How many of these flu illnesses are they counting that are people having reactions to the shot?

Proud2BWeird
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Yeah, because the whole country has the same weather, right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starbuck75
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I think Big Pharma is just getting nervous as people are wising up and more and more parents are not falling for the propaganda.  these companies are too big, too profitable,and too powerful.  They are also in control of some of the deadliest bacteria and viruses on the planet, "for research purposes."  Do you trust them to guard these if their profits sink too low?  I don't.

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I believe that the bipolar like weather can effect our immune systems adversly.  I have noticed that when the weather changes rapidly where I am (in the moutains in North East PA) that I tend to get more colds and whatnot.  It is in the 50's today.  Last week it was single digits.  I feel that our bodies are not meant to adpat so quickly to the changes that are occurring.  I know that there is some evidence suggesting that Barometic pressure can have effects on colds so I am assuming that quick weather changes can too.  That being said, I think the flu is so bad since recod number of people are getting the shot.

mjrex87
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Oh yea, I definitely think the weather can play a huge role in our health. I always get the sniffles whenever the weather changes quickly. I just think it's ridiculous that they are trying to convince people the weather is to blame for the flu epidemic. And yes, I totally agree with you on the shot. I don't know why more people don't make the connection between the fact that the shot was being pushed earlier this year and the flu started its rampage earlier! I guess we're just supposed to think the experts knew it was going to happen earlier, right? smh.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

I believe that the bipolar like weather can effect our immune systems adversly.  I have noticed that when the weather changes rapidly where I am (in the moutains in North East PA) that I tend to get more colds and whatnot.  It is in the 50's today.  Last week it was single digits.  I feel that our bodies are not meant to adpat so quickly to the changes that are occurring.  I know that there is some evidence suggesting that Barometic pressure can have effects on colds so I am assuming that quick weather changes can too.  That being said, I think the flu is so bad since recod number of people are getting the shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)