Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can hep b vax cause adrenal fatigue?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 383 Total Views

so i have adrenal fatigue syndrome.  i was never vaxed as a child.  but when i was 16 they made me get a hep b series in order to work at the nursing home.  it was after that series of shots that i started to get really sick.  i started gaining weight in my midsection (symptom of cushings syndrome), never felt rested, it even affected things like my period.

i am only 28 years old and i have a lot of health problems.  i have fertility issues, PCOS, i am insulin resistant and struggle with serious weight gain and now have full blown adrenal fatigue and my cortizol levels (and my dhea/vit d) are now so low that i will eventually have addisons disease.  could that vax have been a tipping point?  i have never put two and two together but now i am wondering if maybe that one serious of vaxes could have damaged me permanently.

thoughts?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I blame vaccines for a lot of heath issues that people have, but I don't think everything is to blame on vaccines. I don't know anything about cushings disease so I can't tell you if the vaccine was a possibility. I have MS, and I was diagnosed with it around the same time frame that I had the Hep B vax, too. I don't remember if I had the vax before or after MS symptoms started. I asked my DR's office to look it up for me, but they wouldn't cooperate. My point is I don't know if the Hep B vax is to blame for my MS. Somehow it would make me feel better having a reason for it (and hating vaxes like I do would make it even more proof for me how horrible they are), but it still doesn't make it go away.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM

i have read that the hepb vax is associated with MS..i'll try to find the links where i saw it...france discontinued using hepb in infants due to this

Quoting Ichthus:

I blame vaccines for a lot of heath issues that people have, but I don't think everything is to blame on vaccines. I don't know anything about cushings disease so I can't tell you if the vaccine was a possibility. I have MS, and I was diagnosed with it around the same time frame that I had the Hep B vax, too. I don't remember if I had the vax before or after MS symptoms started. I asked my DR's office to look it up for me, but they wouldn't cooperate. My point is I don't know if the Hep B vax is to blame for my MS. Somehow it would make me feel better having a reason for it (and hating vaxes like I do would make it even more proof for me how horrible they are), but it still doesn't make it go away.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM

here a quick search and a few links

1. CDC - Hepatitis B and Multiple Sclerosis ( MS) - Vaccine Safety

www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Vaccines/multiplesclerosis_and_hep_b.ht...
    by V Safety - 2010 - Cited by 1 - Related articles
    Feb 8, 2011 – Numerous studies have evaluated a possible relationship betweenhepatitis B vaccination and multiple sclerosis (MS). The weight of the ...
  2. WHO | Hepatitis B vaccination and multiple sclerosis (MS)

www.who.int/vaccine_safety/topics/hepatitisb/multiple_sclerosis/en/
    Hepatitis B vaccination and multiple sclerosis (MS). Committee reports. 22 November 2002 - Hepatitis B vaccine and multiple sclerosis (from meeting of 20-21...
  3. Hepatitis B Vaccine May Be Linked to MS

www.webmd.com/multiple-sclerosis/.../hepatitis-b-vaccine-may-be-li...
    Sept. 13, 2004 --The hepatitis B vaccine series has been administered to more than 20 million people in the U.S. and more than 500 million people in the world.
  4. Hepatitis B vaccine and risk of multiple sclerosis.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12901584
    by F DeStefano - 2002 - Cited by 21 - Related articles
    The possibility that hepatitis B vaccine may cause or exacerbate multiple sclerosisstems from several case reports of onset or recurrence of symptoms of CNS ...
  5. Hepatitis B Vaccine and Multiple Sclerosis - Immunization Issue

www.immunizationinfo.org/.../vaccine.../hepatitis-b-vaccine-and-mul...
    Hepatitis B Vaccine and Multiple Sclerosis. Updated: September 29, 2004. Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection causes both an acute infection and a long-lasting (or ...
  6. Vaccinations : National MS Society - National Multiple Sclerosis ...

www.nationalmssociety.org › Living with MS › Healthy Living
    Immunizations and Multiple Sclerosis, a clinical practice guideline published by the ...The hepatitis B vaccine is recommended for all children, adolescents, and ...
  7. The hepatitis B vaccine is linked to infant death, multiple sclerosis ...

www.naturalnews.com/032579_hepatitis_B_vaccines.html
    Anthony Gucciardi
    by Anthony Gucciardi - in 151 Google+ circles - More by Anthony Gucciardi
    Jun 2, 2011 – (NaturalNews) The hepatitis B vaccine has been approved for all U.S. infants at birth, but is it really safe? For a "preventative" vaccination, the ...
  8. Hepatitis B Vaccination and the Risk of Multiple Sclerosis — NEJM

www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200102013440502
    by A Ascherio - 2001 - Cited by 331 - Related articles
    Feb 1, 2001 – Original Article from The New England Journal of Medicine — Hepatitis B Vaccination and the Risk of Multiple Sclerosis.
  9. Hepatitis-B Vaccine Linked To Multiple Sclerosis

rense.com/general57/mult.htm
    People who are vaccinated against hepatitis B are at increased risk of multiple sclerosis, a study shows. US public health experts found the link when they ...
  10. Hepatitis B vaccine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_B_vaccine
    Several studies looked for a significant association between recombinant hepatitis B vaccine (

Quoting Ichthus:

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Yes, I know. That's why I question when I received the vax. I would like to know if there's a link to it in my case. If I got the vax before being diagnosed, I would feel petty sure that the vax is what caused it. But if I got the vax after the diagnosis then the Hep B vax is not the direct cause. My dh doesn't think it matters to know since it won't change anything, but I want to know. Of course, one of the links you gave says something about it exaserbating MS.

Quoting emmy526:

i have read that the hepb vax is associated with MS..i'll try to find the links where i saw it...france discontinued using hepb in infants due to this

Quoting Ichthus:

starbuck75
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

All vaccines can cause adrenal fatigue.  There are myriad toxins in vaccines.  The Hep B shot you got when you were 16 was FULL of mercury and other toxins.  They DID NOT get the thimerosal out in 2001 (that's when my son got poisoned with three shots worth).  Even now the shot may still contain traces of mercury.  the were other toxins, as well, in the shot you received.  All toxins, whether they come from shots, our food, air, or even our clothing put a stress on the body.  Due to the toxic world we live it, many bodies are struggling with adrenal fatigue.  If it is bad enough, then your thyroid will become affected, as well.

The adrenals are there to deal with stress, and this comes from not only the stress I described above, but also the stress of multi-tasking and keeping up with the fast pace of life today.  Human beings really weren't designed for multi-tasking.  Many of us have drained our adrenal glands.

I can only tell you how I helped my son, who was damaged by vaccines and wound up with a host of medical problems and autism, as well as myself - it affected my thyroid .  I started my son on 1/2 of Thorne ACE per day and as I watched his symptoms, I gradually increased the dose.  Eventually we had to switch to Adrenergize by Enzymatic as it contains 250 mg of adrenal cortex extract per capsule.  We then started with a half a capsule of that and worked slowly up.  He is now on four capsules per day spread throughout the day.  As many of you may know, anxiety is a big part of autism, but since giving him Adrenergize, he rarely has a meltdown anymore and he is able to control his anxiety.  Adrenal support also improved his asthma considerably and we were able to wean him off steroids.  He still needs Xopanex from time to time.

For me, the worst part of being adrenal exhausted was the low thyroid and the constant fatigue, especially crashing after lunch.  so I take one ADrenergize in the morning and another after lunch if I feel myself start to crash.  For those who might be going through menopause,  during this time many women notice that they are more easily frustrated and have lost their patience.  For me, adrenal support stopped this, and I have my patience back.  It also reduces hot flashes, as well.

Be forewarned: if you are extremely adrenal fatigued, the first time you take one of the above, you may experience and adrenaline rush as the adrenals are so "happy" to find what they need that they suck it up all at once.  That is why I decided to start low and slow -- after I took a full dose of Adrenergize the first time, I got the adrenaline rush, and it is not a pleasant feeling.  I backed down the dose and then worked up, and now I can't imagine having to "cope" with the stresses of everyday life without it.

Hope this helps you.

tansyflower
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM

thank you kindly!  i know the ptsd from my childhood also plays a part, but i didnt really start getting sick until after those series of shots.  do you do anything specifically to chelate the toxic heavy metals like take fulvic acid?

Quoting starbuck75:

All vaccines can cause adrenal fatigue.  There are myriad toxins in vaccines.  The Hep B shot you got when you were 16 was FULL of mercury and other toxins.  They DID NOT get the thimerosal out in 2001 (that's when my son got poisoned with three shots worth).  Even now the shot may still contain traces of mercury.  the were other toxins, as well, in the shot you received.  All toxins, whether they come from shots, our food, air, or even our clothing put a stress on the body.  Due to the toxic world we live it, many bodies are struggling with adrenal fatigue.  If it is bad enough, then your thyroid will become affected, as well.

The adrenals are there to deal with stress, and this comes from not only the stress I described above, but also the stress of multi-tasking and keeping up with the fast pace of life today.  Human beings really weren't designed for multi-tasking.  Many of us have drained our adrenal glands.

I can only tell you how I helped my son, who was damaged by vaccines and wound up with a host of medical problems and autism, as well as myself - it affected my thyroid .  I started my son on 1/2 of Thorne ACE per day and as I watched his symptoms, I gradually increased the dose.  Eventually we had to switch to Adrenergize by Enzymatic as it contains 250 mg of adrenal cortex extract per capsule.  We then started with a half a capsule of that and worked slowly up.  He is now on four capsules per day spread throughout the day.  As many of you may know, anxiety is a big part of autism, but since giving him Adrenergize, he rarely has a meltdown anymore and he is able to control his anxiety.  Adrenal support also improved his asthma considerably and we were able to wean him off steroids.  He still needs Xopanex from time to time.

For me, the worst part of being adrenal exhausted was the low thyroid and the constant fatigue, especially crashing after lunch.  so I take one ADrenergize in the morning and another after lunch if I feel myself start to crash.  For those who might be going through menopause,  during this time many women notice that they are more easily frustrated and have lost their patience.  For me, adrenal support stopped this, and I have my patience back.  It also reduces hot flashes, as well.

Be forewarned: if you are extremely adrenal fatigued, the first time you take one of the above, you may experience and adrenaline rush as the adrenals are so "happy" to find what they need that they suck it up all at once.  That is why I decided to start low and slow -- after I took a full dose of Adrenergize the first time, I got the adrenaline rush, and it is not a pleasant feeling.  I backed down the dose and then worked up, and now I can't imagine having to "cope" with the stresses of everyday life without it.

Hope this helps you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)