Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS (almost 3 years old) probably has the flu--remedies?

Posted by   + Show Post

He was exposed at a birthday party Saturday night while at his dad's house.  Monday morning his cousin (who did get the vax) was tested for and confirmed that she has influenza A.  XH is sicker than a dog (also got the vax b/c he's military) but hasn't been tested yet.  His brother is sick, as well.

DS regularly takes a multivitamin and extra Vitamin D so he gets 1000 units a day.  As soon as I got him back Tues evening I started giving him elderberry syrup (the "already sick" dose) and lots of fruit for extra Vit C.  Unfortunately he's been coughing a bit since yesterday afternoon and woke up with a bad runny nose.  I don't plan to take him to the ped b/c I wouldn't want him on Tamiflu anyway.  Any other natural recommendations?  Thanks!

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Replies (11-13):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Ah swine flu.

Quoting Clh1989:

We all got over the flu in 24 hours with elderberry syrup, my 3 year old included. We were what seemed like deathly ill for one full day, and then the next we were a little achy and tired but nothing bad. It was confirmed type A. We all took elderberry every couple hours. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlc91
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, everyone!  He's definitely on the mend!  It's so hard for me to keep my mouth shut to XH and his family (all extremely pro-vax) that DS was barely sick when everyone else who was vaxed caught it and is still sick!

gmapoohz
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I have learned a lot from the group "Natural Health, Healing and Wellness", there is a huge amount of info there and categorized really well for easy quick access for specific info.

You can find a lot of detail regarding Manuka honey, coconut oil, coconut water, remedies for flu, colds, chronic sinus infections and much more.  The group has been a great find for me, I highly recommend it.

Gma Poohz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN