Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

neice had a resction. advice??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 207 Total Views
My six month old Brice was taken to Children's hospital for a reaction to her shots yesterday. The injection site got hare red and very swollen and she was screaming. Dr said to just keep an eye on it. They go to a very provax Dr (our old one that kicked us out) so I expect it to be brushed under the rug. Anyway, I just talked to her and they are taking her back in because its still very Ted and the swelling is increasing??

Is there anything they can do for her?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

not really...just have to let the toxins work their way out of the sight where they were administered, put cool cloths on it, or ice, and just try to keep her comfy.  Do you think she will re-think the vax issue cuz of this?  That is def a reaction to something in the vaxes, and imagine what the rest of it is doing to her little body...no wonder she's screaming.  :(

wolfybaby
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

sounds like a reaction to the aluminum.. some people are sensitive to aluminum, particularly when its injected. :\ there isnt much they can do for her, but you can try. talk to her parents politely, but express your concerns. reactions like these tend to get worse with each subsequent set of shots [which would explain any lack of reaction to the first two sets if thats the case].

sweetangie79
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

That is part of the way we found out that i am highly allergic to aluminum.

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM

No, they will not consider not vaxing.  They think we are insane because we don't.  I never thought of the aluminum.  I will mention it if I get the chance.  i know how they feel about us not vaxing, so I never say anything anymore, but this time she posted it on facebook.  That made it my business, so I gently asked her what happened and she blew it off as not a big deal.  I asked her if they will at least now consider at least delaying things for awhile and she got mad at me and said their ped said it was not a bad reaction and that she is fine. 

I want to bang my head off the wall.

buzymamaof3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I jsut dont get if this was scary enough to them to rush her to the ER why are they not at least questioning it!!  Now everything is okay because the doctor said it is?  It's madness to me.

DragonBoy2012
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Yes, sheeple. Oh goodness that is,ridiculous.......If u always,do what u always,done, u always get wgat u always,got..Esseentially she is just a roulette piece.too bad,she not consider...no vax, or at least she could reasearch for herself...that is enougj of amind opener.... I hate not being able to talk to people,abiut how,wonderful no vax is
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)