Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which exemption to chose?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 153 Total Views

I live in a state with philosophical, religious, and medical exemptions available.  My son will be starting preschool this fall and the enrollment forms ask about vaccines and if the child isn't vaxed they want to know which exemption you're claiming.  Originally I thought I'd just mark philosophical.  But the more I thought about it I'm wondering if I should choose religious?  I don't belong to a church that is anti-vax, but they do support people who chose not to based on personal beliefs.  (A pastor there filled out my religious exemption for the flu vax at work.)  Since I've already claimed a religious exemption for work and so many states are trying to do away with philosophical exemptions, should I just chose the religious one?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yes,i think you should choose religious, because if the day comes you want your pastor to write a note for your kids, he most likely would do it, since he wrote one for you.  States are trying to take away the philosophical choice on the waiver, and i suspect in another ten years, most states will not offer it anymore. 

rachelrothchild
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I would go with religious too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)