Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Did I 'Get Away' with it?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 186 Total Views

I was telling my clients daughter, that i haven't had any kind of vaccine for almost 30yrs, and my kids haven't either...her response? " Gee, how did you get away with not having any all those years?"  I was like, 'huh, get away with what?"  she goes on to say, 'usually drs insist their patients are up to date on shots, i'm surprised yours hasn't made you get up to date"...i replied, " there's a thing called religious waivers here in this state, and while i don't have to sign one anymore for myself to work and live,  it applies to my kids and schooling, and our dr has respect for my decision, and has told me so"    

Conversation ended.   Guess she didnt' want to hear about how a person has a choice on what to do with their body.  This is the woman who was telling me about her cousin getting shingles, so she went to get the shingles vax, and has now caught it three more times within a year, and doesn't understand why..."it's supposes to be effective, according to the dr"...yeah right...efffective for the wallet maybe, not for preventing shingles.  

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Oh wow. Guess she can't think for herself.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Yeah just like i was told Maddie can't go to school or day care and they didn't believe me. Guess who just finished her first week in day care? Lol

Sheep. Just do what you're told. Ask no questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM

We are programmed to believe that doctors are an authority over our lives. If they tell us to do something, we are going against their expertise if we question it. It's like our society has been trained to think it's unlawful to question a doctor's diagnosis and treatment. Of course, it is getting to be more and more a legal issue for people to question and go against the allopathic medical community. The flu shot requirements for medical staff is one. I've also seen a few stories of parents attempting to have their child's cancer treated alternatively, and the doctors take them to court for child abuse/neglect, whatever, so they HAVE TO have their child go through chemo/radiation. Anyone under the impression that our country is "free" is ignorant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN