Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My name is Laurie. I'm a new mother of a seven week old infant. When I became pregnant started researching the risks and benefits of vaccinating and have chosen not to vaccinate. In search of more information and like-minded people, I joined this website specifically for this group. Happy to be here!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (21-21):
LaMuse620
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM

i still plan to fill out and copy the exemption.  i'm going to use the philosophical exemption because CA doesn't provide for a religious exemption - it's supposedly entailed within the philosophical.  i just read that GOV Brown here in CA is pushing to get the religious exemption classified as it's own, but it's up to Sacramento to approve it or not.  until then i'll 'REGISTER' under philosophical.  

QUESTION:  do you think i should have it notorized? i've read that some health departments do this for you, some parents get it done on their own. CA just made it mandatory for a doc's note to validate the exemption - be it for medical or philisophical. this goes into effect jan 2014. i'm wondering if notarizing the exemption NOW will save me from uneccessary harrassment down the road.  not that harrassment is necessary, PERIOD.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)