Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thoughts on Flu shots

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 511 Total Views

I'm sure most of you have heard the outrageous percentage of flu shots that don't work recently. I beleive it was 56% of the people who got the shot didn't get the flu while the rest suffered from the same illness they were trying to protect themselves against.

Obviously I wasnt among the people who got the shot but i do know a few people who got it and ended up being sicker for longer afterwards. How can they stand behind the product year after year with such ridiculous results? 

Thoughts? 

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I actually think maybe we tend to exaggerate what fits our viewpoint.

Vaxers say those who get the shot aren't as sick as those who didn't (and they have seen that among friends/family)

Non-vaxers say those who got the shot end up even sicker (and they too have seen this)

Personally, for me, it seems pretty equal.  I know people who got the shot who were very sick and some who seemed to have a lighter case of it.  Our family does not get the shot and we got hit very hard with the flu this year.  Even my oldest son who rarely gets sick, or only gets a light case, was very sick with this!

emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this

They are brainwashed and have been for quite some time....just like pharma stands behind their 'killing machines', ie: vaccines

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Definitely.

I really think many in the industry truly believe the vaccines work.  Sure, some know it is a big lie, but I think the majority of the employees buy into all the propaganda and are proud of the work they do to eliminate disease and suffering!

Quoting emmy526:

They are brainwashed and have been for quite some time....just like pharma stands behind their 'killing machines', ie: vaccines

starinmysky
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM

The one year I allowed my son to get the Flu Shot, he ended up hospitalized at age 2.  Since then, he has never gotten another vaccine.  This year, we all got a mild respiratory illness, but nothing major and were fine.  No one in my family got the shot.  I do not understand why people would even consider it, seeing that it really isn't even effective. If anything, it appears to make you even more sick. 

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Seems like they contridridict themselves. Either they are safe or not. Can't due for damages because they are protected. Could you imagine if everyone that was injured we're to due. They would be bankrupt.

Quoting emmy526:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:52 PM

they sure have this year...start out the year by saying how this years shot is well formulated this year, esp for what's out there, and then they come out with a report like they did, saying how ineffective it is.  Sure doens't make them look too credible...i've seen more people this year skeptical of the flu vax than any other year. 

Quoting Baby4us09: 

Seems like they contridridict themselves. Either they are safe or not. Can't due for damages because they are protected. Could you imagine if everyone that was injured we're to due. They would be bankrupt.

Quoting emmy526:

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM

That is awesome! I see many moms on CM that say they vax, and then add, but NEVER the flu shot! The questioning has to start somewhere!!

For us it was having a newborn that was so sick yet they refuse t ogive meds unless it is serious enough to hospitalize. I was told to let his body fight it off. Ok, but if it is alright to let a newborn fight off illness with no medication (in general), then why do the rest of us need medicine? I am so thankfu lwe went throuh that with our firstborn. That just began a long process of questioning and researching and by our second, turned into not vaxing.

Quoting emmy526:

they sure have this year...start out the year by saying how this years shot is well formulated this year, esp for what's out there, and then they come out with a report like they did, saying how ineffective it is.  Sure doens't make them look too credible...i've seen more people this year skeptical of the flu vax than any other year. 

MyJordyLu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I saw on the news yesterday that it was only 9% effective in senior citizens this year. So sad to think so many people are being scared into getting it. In the same breath though, the news people are still pushing the flu shot!

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Its sad I just had an interview with a family that has a 7mo old. They say she is fine. So far. They got the flu shot and were terribly  ill. She was fine tho. Sad. I almost feel that when this house is paid I just want to quit working but we need to buy another and fix this one up to rent or sell. We have so much to do. Unless we win the PCH or lotto I need to work for now. :(

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting Baby4us09: 

Quoting emmy526:

mjrex87
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

They probably get paid to push it.

Quoting MyJordyLu:

I saw on the news yesterday that it was only 9% effective in senior citizens this year. So sad to think so many people are being scared into getting it. In the same breath though, the news people are still pushing the flu shot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)