Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sure most of you have heard the outrageous percentage of flu shots that don't work recently. I beleive it was 56% of the people who got the shot didn't get the flu while the rest suffered from the same illness they were trying to protect themselves against.

Obviously I wasnt among the people who got the shot but i do know a few people who got it and ended up being sicker for longer afterwards. How can they stand behind the product year after year with such ridiculous results? 

Thoughts? 

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Replies (11-18):
mjrex87
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I think some people get the shot, even though they know it's not effective, because even if they get sick, they did "everything they could" to prevent it and they can feel good about themselves.

DragonBoy2012
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Michael Moore...where are u??? Mr. documentary...Mr. "ask the difficult question"..

I enjoy his movies, strange there isnt one about the absurdity of laboraotory vaccines and tje plethora of issues they cause (and how inredibly real.tgey are)s
starbuck75
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Even in the best of years, it is only 37% effective, and there is really no way to know whether a person didn't get the flu because of the shot or whether they just weren't going to catch it anyway.  I got talked into the shot in 1987 as I was working in a high risk environment.  Within a couple of hours of the shot, I became deathly ill.  I turned completely yellow and could not walk.  I had to be carried into the ER.  It was the only time in my life I actually thought "I might die."  I ran a high fever.  It took me a very long time to recover and even to this day I have bouts of severe fatigue.  I also developed auto-immune hypothyroidism. I also had some autonomic nervous system problems later on. I threw about 10,000 PVC's (per Holter Monitor testing) for two years.  It was awful.  But they kept telling me all I went through was a "coincidence."  Later after my son was born, I asked them NOT to give him any vaccines containing thimerosal, but they lied and did it anyway, and he has been chronically sick since the day of those shots.  He also immediately descended into autism and lost all speech.  With biomedical intervention and a safe form of chelation called the AC Protocol, he has made great progress.  he regained speech, but he still has health problems and is about 5 years emotionally delayed.  He does fourth grade level work now, but feels most comfortable playing with eight year olds.  It is an interesting sight since he is 5'10" tall now!  We have not vaccinated him since and would only do it in the event of a rabid animal bite.  The flu shot STILL contains the full compliment of mercury.  Caveat Emptor.  You cannot sue anyone if something goes wrong - even if a child dies.  Beware.  Our son's care has broken us financially.

Doctors don't even take the time to read the package inserts.  You need to read them.  Just Google it.  Pretty scary stuff.  Doctors just believe what their instructors tell them to believe.  Challenging a medical school professor is highly frowned upon.  The drug companies fund medical school educations and hospitals, and no one wants to bite the hand that feeds them.  They have their own agendas and it is not to heal people nor keep them safe from harm.

coala
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I saw that too!!  I was shocked and was appalled by the statement that followed that.  We must have been watching the same channel.  LOL

We got hit with the flu.  It wasn't A or B, but it was the flu.  My whole family felt like they had been hit by mack trucks.  The dr asked if we had gotten the shot.  I said no....his response was well it wouldn't have mattered since you have a strain that it doesn't work on.  REALLY!!!

Quoting MyJordyLu:

I saw on the news yesterday that it was only 9% effective in senior citizens this year. So sad to think so many people are being scared into getting it. In the same breath though, the news people are still pushing the flu shot!

emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

and yet, wait...next year, hospitals will still require staff to get it or be fired regardless of the efficacy of the vaccine...what a racket and a nation full of corruption to allow that to happen. 

liliem
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM

It has nothing to do with the flu shot and all to do with your lifestyle, nutrition, genes, and sanitary habits. Canada actually asked for an investigation because their trend is that people getting the flu shot got sicker from it or despite it and are asking for an investigation. If you are getting your vitamin d and/or keeping your immune system up, cleaning your hands, not touching your eyes/mouth with dirty (infected) hands etc, you may not get it or have a very mild case (mild depending on your immune system). I got the flu bad once in my life and its as if i have lifetime immu ty because i fought it off the natural way. I know when I worked at a pharmaceutical company that many people were cured when given a placebo (sugar water pill) because the power of the mind would cure them. All the company had to do was show that their product worked better than that, by very little too. The problem with the flu shot is people falsely believe they are immune to getting sick and don't take the necessary precautions which turns it into the epidemic it becomes. Then there is the shedding theory (vaccinated actually spreading it to others after vaccination). All vaccines should be banned, or the vaccinated quarantined for the time until they stop shedding the virus, or some kind of precaution to alert or protect the rest of the population.

MommyO2-6631
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:29 AM
No one in my family has had the flu shot and no one had had the flu. My mom has the shot yearly and has the flu yearly. 'Nuff said :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizklimglp
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I appreciate you sharing your story with us. It must have been extremely hard to go through all of that and even to this day they stilla argue that vaccinations don't have anything to do with Autism! 

I've read a number of books and studies on the topic and although I'm not a doctor I don't understand how they can disregard the facts. It's better to come clean and try to deal with the issue than to sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened. 

My oldest daughter had a bad reaction, nothing that lasted long term but enough to make me want to look into it a bit further. I was a new mom and didn't know any better. When the physician makes you feel guilty for questioning them you think that they must know more than we do, simply for the fact that they went to medical school. Unfortunatley, the doctors are only there to make the big bucks, the parents are there to fight for what's right! 

Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN