Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so my 5 year old nieces teacher told her....

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 484 Total Views

....that if all the kids would just get their "proper shots" then no one would get sick at school!  so my niece came home and accused her mother (my sister) of "making her sick by not giving her the shots"!!!!

why in the world would a kindergarten teacher think that discussing vaccines would be appropriate?  i told my sister to go straight to the principle.  that teacher has no idea why a parent exempts a child from vaccines and it is wrong for her to try to make children feel like they are at fault for spreading iillnesses or that their parents are purposefully trying to make them ill.  i would be beyond pissed if a teacher ever said that to my kid >:(

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM

IN A PROPRIATE!!

tisk tsk!

samiam2919
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Wow.....just wow

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I hope she complains. That's sheers bs right there. No child should be used to manipulate parents like that. I hope she raises hell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

not only should she raise hell with the teacher and pricipal, she should raise hell about it at the school board meetings so other parents are aware of the bullying tactics being used by teachers on our children...that is just SO wrong...i'd seriously think about pulling my kid outta public school over something like that, but that's just me

emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM

also, this is a great learning opportunity for your niece as well, and could actually teach her teacher a thing or two...your sis should emphasize why she made the choices she did for your niece and explain it to her-she's old enough to comprehend, if she could comprehend what the teacher said....i hope you have a talk with your sis about it....let us know what happens, if anything with the teacher/prinicpal

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

So since when are colds, strep, and other common Kindergarden illness vax preventable?

bellawomen
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Why does the teacher even know the child is unvaccinated? The only person who should know is the school nurse and she isn't allowed to tell anyone else. Telling would violate HIPAA.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:37 PM

chances are the teacher was just giving a speech to the class...if the teacher does know of vax status, i'd investigate how she found out. 

Quoting bellawomen:

Why does the teacher even know the child is unvaccinated? The only person who should know is the school nurse and she isn't allowed to tell anyone else. Telling would violate HIPAA.

Mrsfarr
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Since magic.

Haven't you heard that unvaccinated children carry and spread all the known diseases over all the known world? That's the story I keep getting anyway...

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

So since when are colds, strep, and other common Kindergarden illness vax preventable?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Then they must be typhoid mary's since my unvaxed kids don't seem to get sick very often at all.

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Since magic.

Haven't you heard that unvaccinated children carry and spread all the known diseases over all the known world? That's the story I keep getting anyway...

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Please excuse my typos. I baby wear at the computer and I have to type around a bobbing head.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)