Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so my 5 year old nieces teacher told her....

Posted by   + Show Post

....that if all the kids would just get their "proper shots" then no one would get sick at school!  so my niece came home and accused her mother (my sister) of "making her sick by not giving her the shots"!!!!

why in the world would a kindergarten teacher think that discussing vaccines would be appropriate?  i told my sister to go straight to the principle.  that teacher has no idea why a parent exempts a child from vaccines and it is wrong for her to try to make children feel like they are at fault for spreading iillnesses or that their parents are purposefully trying to make them ill.  i would be beyond pissed if a teacher ever said that to my kid >:(

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
maddiesmommy5
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Wait... So we can all prevent the common cold by being vaccinated!? I must go get all of us vaxed so we don't get the sniffles. SMH

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:59 PM

That is sad.

I would be going to school and handing that teacher her ass. Then the principal after all was said and done I would pull my child out of school.  I may pull my son out of schoo and it doesn't have to do with vaccines. I can only imagine tha tnext year they are going to say something to me about vaccinating him. He will be 13.

kailu1835
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 9:00 PM

More indoctrination of impressionable children.

emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM

if you or sis wants, i am willing to also call the school anonymously and complain.... imagine if a bunch of parents did that.....hmmmm

DragonBoy2012
by Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:24 AM
That is Pathetic, capital P!!! Yes, i am with alot of other mommas, i would pull her outta school AND HAVE THOSE WORDS WITH.HER AND PRINCIPAL TOOO!!!.

This is unfotunate inthe least.

This story also confirms my decision to pursue homeschooling

I loved H.S mostly, and yes there are thos "odd duck" teachers...glad it was just verbal snd not a physical threat with an actual needle.

MommyO2-6631
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Complete slander! Ods is completely vaxed (before I knew better) and has had 2 stomach bugs and 6 colds since school started in August. Note: he did not have the flu vax and has not had the flu which is what i'm guessing is what this woman was talking about!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jlc91
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I wonder if the conversation was started by them watching a video?  I know my niece and nephew watched Sid The Science Kid in their kindergarten classes.  I was shocked to find out there's a flu shot episode that's FULL of propaganda.  (Since then I haven't let DS watch Sid anymore!)  Anyway, not that it's an excuse but maybe that's how it started?

tansyflower
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
3 moms liked this

thanks for the support.  not sure what is going to happen, she is speaking to the principle.  will update on what he says.

kmugs
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:58 PM

This does not surprise me.

In this area teachers go off at the mouth about all sorts of social issues and other things.  They use the classroom as a soapbox.  Their views tend to  be in the mainstream,  so of course they never get in trouble for it.  I am in Canada, though, and as much as I love Canada - they really do think it is the teachers jobs to give out little morality and other lesson (they believe you can't rely on parents to do it - grr.....).

In any event, before they gave the HPV out here, all the kids got to go to an assembly on "hpv is bad, vaccine is good! " with the requisite fear mongering.  At this point, I just use it as an opportunity to explain to my kids why I do not agree with this mainstream idea.  I would be ticked if I had to start as early as Kindergarten, though!  I hope your sister teaches the teacher a thing or two about minding your own business and being sensitive to all members of the class.  Keep us updated.

justme00
by Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy that we home school .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)