Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

found out today

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 312 Total Views
1 mom liked this
You can join the military without vaccines.
If you tell them at time of enlistment it's against your religion, or if you've never received a vaccine. You can waiver out.
If you've already enlisted you can try to get a waiver.

Just in case any one wants to join, or your kids want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM

My husband wanted to join the Navy, but then we found out I was pregnant with #3 and now he has too many dependents under the age of 18. :( That's good to know for anyone else wanting to join though!

FebPenguins
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Never heard that one! But have heard both mom AND dad can't be in the military if there is a minor involved? Not sure if it is true or not?

Quoting PEEK05:

My husband wanted to join the Navy, but then we found out I was pregnant with #3 and now he has too many dependents under the age of 18. :( That's good to know for anyone else wanting to join though!

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Not true. Just need a family care plan.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Never heard that one! But have heard both mom AND dad can't be in the military if there is a minor involved? Not sure if it is true or not?

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I think it depends on which branch. In the air force it is not allowed but in the army it is.

Quoting kitty8199:

Not true. Just need a family care plan.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mazomama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM

INTERESTING!!! I know my oldest ( whos only ten right now lol) will likely want to join the miliray, is there a website that has all the info just given here? i'm kind of curious about the to many  minors thing as well!

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Don't have a link. I was told. I googled and found links saying you can waiver out if you do it at enlistment.
It said if they tell you there aren't any don't sign because its a lie

Quoting mazomama:

INTERESTING!!! I know my oldest ( whos only ten right now lol) will likely want to join the miliray, is there a website that has all the info just given here? i'm kind of curious about the to many  minors thing as well!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I don't know. It's just what we read online for eligibility for new enlistments. 

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting PEEK05:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Your can always talk to a recruiter. There's ways around everything

Quoting PEEK05:

I don't know. It's just what we read online for eligibility for new enlistments. 

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isabelles_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM

i have heard of that before. But if you enlist w/o a waver, your stuck, there is no way of going back.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Yeah I'm just wondering how difficult they make it for you even with a waiver

Quoting Isabelles_mommy:

i have heard of that before. But if you enlist w/o a waver, your stuck, there is no way of going back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)