Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can join the military without vaccines.
If you tell them at time of enlistment it's against your religion, or if you've never received a vaccine. You can waiver out.
If you've already enlisted you can try to get a waiver.

Just in case any one wants to join, or your kids want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Replies (11-15):
Jonasmom
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM

This information is false. DH is active duty Aif Force, we have signed Family Care Plans.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I think it depends on which branch. In the air force it is not allowed but in the army it is.

Quoting kitty8199:

Not true. Just need a family care plan.

Quoting FebPenguins:

Never heard that one! But have heard both mom AND dad can't be in the military if there is a minor involved? Not sure if it is true or not?

Quoting PEEK05:

My husband wanted to join the Navy, but then we found out I was pregnant with #3 and now he has too many dependents under the age of 18. :( That's good to know for anyone else wanting to join though!

MommyO2-6631
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlcouples.htm

This article states that if you have a spouse in the military you can enlist only if there are no children in the household. If there are children you are disqualified from enlisting.

Quoting Jonasmom:

This information is false. DH is active duty Aif Force, we have signed Family Care Plans.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I think it depends on which branch. In the air force it is not allowed but in the army it is.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Never heard that one! But have heard both mom AND dad can't be in the military if there is a minor involved? Not sure if it is true or not?

Quoting PEEK05:

My husband wanted to join the Navy, but then we found out I was pregnant with #3 and now he has too many dependents under the age of 18. :( That's good to know for anyone else wanting to join though!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM
If you're both already in you can still have children.

I came from a military family. Several dual military all with kids.
My aunt and uncle even adopted and the navy paid for it.

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

This article states that if you have a spouse in the military you can enlist only if there are no children in the household. If there are children you are disqualified from enlisting.

Quoting Jonasmom:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
That's what i was originally talking about... of course they can't kick you out for having children.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting Jonasmom:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM
That would be so wrong if they did

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

That's what i was originally talking about... of course they can't kick you out for having children.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting Jonasmom:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN