Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Met my new dr-he never heard of exemptions for kids

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:38 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 192 Total Views
2 moms liked this

WOW!!!!  i told him it was against my religion to vaccinate, and he asked about my kids..i told him my kids have had an exemption their entire lives...he seemed fascinated by it, had never heard of any kids who had one,  and i went on  to tell him of our healthy living style, we make our food from scratch, and live as naturally as we can.  He seemed impressed, and the vax discussion never really came about. He asked about my religion, and i told him i didn't feel comfortable discussing it, and he just said he was curious, that's all...i told him Christian, and that's all i said, and was willing to say.  Convo over with him on religion and vaxing.   He was okay with it, and didn't have a 'tude with me over it either...what a relief! I fired my other dr for being unattentive to me, and not listening.  This new dr seemed a heck of a lot better...he's jamaican and seemed to have a lot of patience listening to his patients, and was willing to discuss my concerns about my meds. 

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM
That is awesome!!! Sounds like he appreciates the information. Maybe he will pass it on to other patients worried about vaccinations!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaMuse620
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM
is he a family doc?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:26 AM

pulmo dr

Quoting LaMuse620:

is he a family doc?

mazomama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

wow.... has he been in a box for the last ten years lol??? I'm glad he was asking questions to educate himself. Its wonderful that there are people out there that would rather learn how others love and practice their beliefs rather then automatically bash them. high five mama for getting him informed!

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
No one seems to know about exemptions.
I'm told constantly Maddie can't go to school or day care.
Well guess what, she's in day care now.
Haven't heard a peep since about them. I so want to go told you so, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM

he was young...like in his 30's..not enough experience yet i presume

Quoting mazomama:

wow.... has he been in a box for the last ten years lol??? I'm glad he was asking questions to educate himself. Its wonderful that there are people out there that would rather learn how others love and practice their beliefs rather then automatically bash them. high five mama for getting him informed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)