Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for someone who's kids are really sick

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

Hi Ladies,

So I've been a part of this group for a few years and I just love and appreciate how knowledgeable you guys are. I don't vaccinate and a friend of mine came to me today and said "I really wish I would have chosen your path and not vaccinated. But I suppose I have too with all things considered." Well all 3 of her kids have a life threatening hereditary disease called mitochondrial disease. It affects the energy stores in their bodies. For example when we get a cold we feel like crap for a day or two and then are fine. For them a cold can land them in the hospital and it takes their bodies months to recover. There are days when they need wheelchairs because their energy is just so low. I know if they got the actual diseases that vaccine "prevent" that if could have devastating results, but does anyone have any advice for her, like would not vaccinating be safer with all the junk in them, even with the disease they have?  Her kids are 8,6, and 20 months

Thanks!

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Dawn07
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Hi Ladies,

So I've been a part of this group for a few years and I just love and appreciate how knowledgeable you guys are. I don't vaccinate and a friend of mine came to me today and said "I really wish I would have chosen your path and not vaccinated. But I suppose I have too with all things considered." Well all 3 of her kids have a life threatening hereditary disease called mitochondrial disease. It affects the energy stores in their bodies. For example when we get a cold we feel like crap for a day or two and then are fine. For them a cold can land them in the hospital and it takes their bodies months to recover. There are days when they need wheelchairs because their energy is just so low. I know if they got the actual diseases that vaccine "prevent" that if could have devastating results, but does anyone have any advice for her, like would not vaccinating be safer with all the junk in them, even with the disease they have?  Her kids are 8,6, and 20 months

Thanks!

A vaccine doesn't prevent the disease. There is still a possiblilty you can get it.  When you get a vaccine it will lower your immune system, allowing your body to be more susceptible to sickness. Personally I would try to leave the vaccines alone and work on building their immune systems, so their bodies can be more ready to fight back naturally.

jlc91
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Maybe I'm way off base, but I thought that mitochondrial disease iswhat the little girl (Hannah something??) had whose parents won a huge settlement b/c the court agreed that the MMR triggered soemthing b/c of them having mitochondrial disease?  I definitely wouldn't be vaxing them if they had that...

Yep, here's a link: http://autism.about.com/od/medicalissuesandautis1/a/mitoautism.htm

mazomama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM

:( my best wishes go out to your friends children and family. Have they looked into any herbal remedies or naturalist in their area?? of my four the two younger ones are completely vax free and my second oldest was the one that triggered my thoughts flowing when he was hospitalized due to complications at a very young infant age from a vax combo. I have now chosen to treat my children with herbs/oils and fruits as much as possible for the natural remedies have helped us tons. Sorry i can not be of any more help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)