Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? can cps *Thanks for all the replies*

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 856 Total Views

Take ur kids if they delayed vaxed or non vaxed if they have waivers? It's the state of Pennsylvania.

Thanks for all the replies I am no longer worried bout cps, but truly appreciate all the replies.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM

It is my understand that while they can not for vax status they can "make up" other medical reasons and will vax you child if taken.

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Nope. They can only take your kids if they are abused, neglected, or otherwise in danger. Not vaccinating is not illegal, and is not cause for cps to do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM

There was a case in Hershey, PA recently where vax status was used to hold a child who was later taken away.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/mother-who-questions-vax-at-hospital-has-newborn-taken-away/

Quoting jellyphish:

Nope. They can only take your kids if they are abused, neglected, or otherwise in danger. Not vaccinating is not illegal, and is not cause for cps to do anything.

Please excuse my typos. I baby wear at the computer and I have to type around a bobbing head.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM
While that sucks, none of it was legal. So legally, no, cps can't take a child away on the basis that he's not vaccinated.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

There was a case in Hershey, PA recently where vax status was used to hold a child who was later taken away.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/mother-who-questions-vax-at-hospital-has-newborn-taken-away/

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM

That is why I stated that they will look for other reasons. 

Quoting jellyphish:

While that sucks, none of it was legal. So legally, no, cps can't take a child away on the basis that he's not vaccinated.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Quoting jellyphish:

Please excuse my typos. I baby wear at the computer and I have to type around a bobbing head.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM

No

Its not against the law.

I have had to deal with CPS when my XH and I split. He tried to get custody of our DD because of her lack of vaccines. They basically laughed at him. There is nothing they can do.

TwilightMom815
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:56 PM

ty so much ladies.

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM
If you don't mind my asking, what state did this happen in?

Quoting LoveTragedyFun:

No

Its not against the law.

I have had to deal with CPS when my XH and I split. He tried to get custody of our DD because of her lack of vaccines. They basically laughed at him. There is nothing they can do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:06 AM

CA

Quoting jellyphish:

If you don't mind my asking, what state did this happen in?

Quoting LoveTragedyFun:

No

Its not against the law.

emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM

yes, and that case also developed into the parents suing the hospital for what they did as well...did the article mention that or give a link to it?   

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Quoting jellyphish:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)