Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do You Take Your kids to the Dr?

Posted by   + Show Post

and what kind?  pedi,  or nd, or something else?  What prompts you to take them in? 

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Replies (11-17):
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I am on a waiting list for NAET until then they will go to the doc, maybe pedi. I went to a family practice and I have to pay a huge chunk and I can't afford that for three children right now. They will be going in for annuals soon. Maybe April.
mothertory
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM
In the past 4 1/2 years with 5 kids we've had 6 trips to the ER, 3 appointments with a DO, and 4 visits with a ND.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emillz92
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Well thank God I finally found a ped office that won't kick us out for not vaccing! I take my son for well visits just because the docs can see/find things that I may not know about or notice. And of course I'd take him if he was sick or if I thought something was off.

aeroslove
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Never. My middle has some developmental issues so when we get our insurance in april she will see a Behaviorlist. Other then that. We dont have a pedi and if we did we wont go. Colds, sickness, this or that. i can fix it at home

lilybud1120
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:53 AM
A regular pediatrician. They've never hassled me about not vaccinating... And she only goes when needed. She is healthy, why take her if she doesn't need to go?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
themissheather
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Sophia will be a year next month and we have only gone to well visits. She hasnt been sick, so there was never a need for other visits. I'd like to switch from the ped we've been seeing, but I feel discouaged/overwhelmed by randomly picking a new doc off the insurance provider list.

FebPenguins
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM

My 6 yr old has been to prompt care ONCE for ear infection, before I knew antibiotics don't help. My 3 yr old and 7 month old have NEVER been. The only reason for any 'medical care' will be broken bones. The rest, the Chiropractor will do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)