Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group and this road

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 369 Total Views
Hello! My name is Regina. I have 3 kids and 1 on the way. I've always just vaccinated my kids on schedule. I didn't question it at all with my first. My second it just started to unsettle me and my third I didn't want to but my husband was insistent. But with #4 on the way I know we need to do something different. I don't know a lot ofninfo about vaccinations, effects, dangers etc. I just know when my son came out he was perfect and healthy and my mind to this day just can not quiet wrap around why I "need" to immediately start injecting them with junk! It just seems so simple right now to me. If its not broken dont fix it. My husband is not vaccinated. I am
Not fully vaccinated and several of the ones I did get, when tested for work had worn off or never worked or which ever. So useless crap! Also I can't let someone stab my baby again! We don't even get the vitamin k shot. Why Am I allowing this at all?!? Anyway ranting over lol. I'm not quite sure exactly where to start. I've looked up the laws and idaho allows full exemption for any reason. I've seen drs names passed around before that were supportive of all vaxination schedules. I just need to find one than takes our insurance and is in the city. And then I am going to start building up my arsenal of actual information. I want to make an informed decision in delayed, selective or none at all. Though I'm sure I will just go the non vaxing route
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Start with cdc pinkbook. The ingredients alone will do it for you.
It also lists prevalence.

Do research on individual diseases. You'll see that what they tell you, isn't the norm. Polio for instance, they say paralyzes you. In reality, it causes cold like symptoms, and nausea, for about 3 days, IF you're symptomatic at all.

They give you horror stories. They're not true most of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmugs
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  

Any specific questions?

I would start with hubby by suggesting delaying while you all research.  I don't think reasonable people can argue with delaying while you sort things out.  

rjmac88
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I don't even know WHAT to ask yet lol. Gotta dig in and see what isn't clear to me. I think that's a goo idea. I think he'd be way more comfortable with delaying vs not at all. Until I learn what I want to do and how to present it to him

Quoting kmugs:

Welcome!  

Any specific questions?

I would start with hubby by suggesting delaying while you all research.  I don't think reasonable people can argue with delaying while you sort things out.  

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Welcome! It's always refreshing to see someone new to the group! I'm surprised your dh is so concerned about vaccinating when he is not vaccinated himself?

rjmac88
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I know right! Well he wasnt vaccinated strictly because his mom didn't care. She forgot to take them to scheduled appt she made so I think he associates it with laziness and neglect. Though I know he's never looked into it at all so I doubt he'll feel the same in the coming weeks.

Quoting Ichthus:

Welcome! It's always refreshing to see someone new to the group! I'm surprised your dh is so concerned about vaccinating when he is not vaccinated himself?

emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I would encourage your dh to do some research with you....that way you are on this journey together, and one is not relying on the other for all the info.  Is there a specific concern you have about vaccinating?

rjmac88
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Nothing yet. My kids have taken all the shots they've had before like champs. But I feel like I'm playing with fire. I just don't like taking my perfect babies and injecting them with poisons and viruses that in my experience with vaccinated kids vs non vaccinated kids don't do much of anything if anything at all.

Quoting emmy526:

I would encourage your dh to do some research with you....that way you are on this journey together, and one is not relying on the other for all the info.  Is there a specific concern you have about vaccinating?

dedicatedrider
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM
My website will probably be helpful to you as you start researching: http://www.vaccinechoice.webs.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.vaccinechoice.webs.com

Quoting dedicatedrider:

My website will probably be helpful to you as you start researching: http://www.vaccinechoice.webs.com

kmugs
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually suggest people start with the CDC pink book - particualrly the appendix which list disease prevalence.

The reason for this is it will set your mind at ease that you are not putting your child in danger while you research.

The first vax you will face is Hep. B in the hospital.  It is one of my least favourite vaccines for so many reason.  Suffice to say, if you have a test for Hep. B during pregnancy and are Hep. b free, your newborn does not need it at all.    Make sure to put it in the birth plan, and say it to the nurses as you hand  over the baby after birth (send hubby with the baby) "No Hep.  B"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)