Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD's doctors appt.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 375 Total Views
2 moms liked this
DD had her 2 year well visit today.

Before every well visit I make sure I read up on everything and bring my notes. Get ready for the fight, Ect.

We talked about not vaxing before and we agreed to wait and revist it at her 2 year check-up. She has not had even one vaccine.

DS was in there last week for his 8/9 year check-up.
The doctor is training 2 students. In my head I'm thinking Ohh great, next week It's going to be 3 against 1 at DD appointment or he's going to use if you don't vax, find a new doctor.

So, I have been so nervous about today. Student comes in and does the check-up ask about vaccines. I nicely tell him why we don't vax. He said I don't blame you.

Then the doctor come in with both students, looks at the chart. Then ask if there's anything I needed to ask him. Chat for a minute and he said I'll see you in a year unless there's a problem. He didn't even mention it.

LOL I got all worked up for nothing. I hear all these horror stories and am waiting for the fight, that I haven't had. (yet. LOL) I'm so glad because I actually like their doctor.LOL. Even me and DH see him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM

i gather its a family dr?  They are less pushy on the issue...it's more often pedi's who seem to have the crown on their heads when it comes to vaxing, imo

glad it went well

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
"I don't blame you"?! Awesome! Yay for new open minded drs!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liliem
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM

That's awesome!!!

LClark1973
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM

In my experience it is the pediatricians that are way more pushy than family Drs.

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Glad it went so well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)