Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm ready to learn - teach me! (vaccinating) PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

I have been silently questioning vaccinating my children for about a year now, but honestly, I wasn't really in a frame of mind to truly decide not to vaccinate.  I was still in the ‘trust my government' mindset and believed ‘they wouldn't do anything that would knowingly harm my child'

How uneducated I was

The more I learn about the way the world works today, and the more I learn about what these ‘big' companies and groups are doing, the more my eyes are opened and the more I doubt what other people (specifically those on the money-making end of my decisions) tell me is and is not good for me and my children.

Basically, I am ready to learn.

This newest update with the anthrax vaccine being tested on babies and children has me absolutely appalled and makes me want to cut off all vaccinations in my children all together.  And honestly?  I don't trust the big pharma at all, so why in the world am I still vaccinating my children?  Out of some naive hope that they wouldn't do what other people say they do?  I don't know.  But those days are gone.  I'm ready to learn what's REALLY going on with my kids' vaccinations.  And I'm ready to freeze all needles that would enter any of my children's bodies until I can make a decision I feel comfortable with.  There's nothing I can do about the past vaccines except hope no adverse effects show up in my kids.  But I can prevent future negative effects.  I know that now.

But I'm going to need your help.

First of all...how am I supposed to protect against diseases like mumps, measles, whooping cough, etc without vaccines?  These diseases are scary to me and I don't want any of my kids to have to deal with them.  What are your thoughts about this?

My husband is still pro-vaccine and up to this point, every time I bring up not vaxing anymore, he shoots my comments out of the water.  But I believe he could be persuaded otherwise if presented with some legitimate information.  Do you have any legitimate sources I can look at to make a decision of my own?  As well as my husband?

For those that selectively vax, what makes you decide which vaccines to accept and which to deny?

I'm ready to learn...teach me!

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dedicatedrider
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to research both the vaccines AND the diseases.  You may be suprised that the diseases, when you look at the actual numbers, simply aren't as scary as you've been led to believe (Did you know something like 95% of polio cases are SYMPTOMLESS???). 

My website is set up to help parents make a vaccine decision.  It has questions to answer for both the vaccines and diseases.  It also has many resources linked from both the pro and anti vaccine sides to aid in answering those questions.  You can visit my website at http://www.vaccinechoice.webs.com

emmy526
by New Owner on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

are there any specific questions you have?

Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I have been where you are, and there is A LOT to learn. And there will always be more. Once you start getting some information you feel is reliable, pass it onto your husband. Mine was very leery of not vaccinating also, but he is now convinced it's not good after listening to me rant about it for the last 3 years. And it's very smart of you to stop vaxing until you have done enough research to feel that you've made the right decision.

One place you can start is Dr. Sherri Tenpenny's Vaccines: The Benefits, The Risks, The Choices https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBazI6L_3Qo She has a lot of information! Unfortunately, critics like to call her a quack, but I don't understand how anyone can call her quack if they see all of the research she has done!

Another is Dr. Joseph Mercola. He has a great health website that you can get daily emails about a variety of natural health issues. You can search his site about vaccinations, and he backs up all of his article with sources. http://www.mercola.com/

There's a lot of info, but please come to us with any questions (or comments) you have as you're researching. I'm sure op's will have some good sources, too. I'm excited to hear about your journey and what you discover! :)

agentwanda
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.nvic.org is an excellent source for information, you also might like Dr. Sears, if you are looking for an alternative vax schedule, he breaks down all of the vax's and their ingredients in his book and shares which one's he prefers.

kmugs
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Quoting MommaForever007:

But I'm going to need your help.

First of all...how am I supposed to protect against diseases like mumps, measles, whooping cough, etc without vaccines?  These diseases are scary to me and I don't want any of my kids to have to deal with them.  What are your thoughts about this?

This will take some time, but I would read the CDC PINK book -it has a breakdown of all vacinatable diseases.  It does have pretty good information about the typical course of diseases.  Be sure to read the appendix where it lists cases of each disease.  You will be shocked at how low a prevalence rate some diseases have.  Both NVIC and Smartvax have run downs o the diseases and vaccines.

My husband is still pro-vaccine and up to this point, every time I bring up not vaxing anymore, he shoots my comments out of the water.  But I believe he could be persuaded otherwise if presented with some legitimate information.  Do you have any legitimate sources I can look at to make a decision of my own?  As well as my husband?

I would start by getting him to agree to delay until you sort through things together.  If he hesitates, ask him if he wants to vaccinate a child knowing his mother is not comfortable with the decision? Show him the prevalence stats on the diseases - you absolutely have time to wait.  CDC PINK book is a as legit as it gets.  Is he pro-life in any way?  Many vaccines are produced using cel lines grown from aborted fetusus.    A mainstream link:

www.immunizationinfo.org/issues/vaccine-components/human-fetal-links-some-vaccines

For those that selectively vax, what makes you decide which vaccines to accept and which to deny?

I identify as non-vax, although my youngest did get one vax - pneumococcal.  She is prone to pneumonia, and I thought she might be a good candidate for the vaccine.  It is not a perfect vaccine (heck, it is less perfect than some other ones)but she was a good candidate for it.

For me to consider a vaccine with any seriousness, the disease has to be common and dangerous.  So many diseases are uncommon (tetanus, diptheria, Polio, to name a few) or fairly benign (chicken pox, rubella, mumps).  I don't have a good handle on vaccine safety due to information overload and because most of the studies are done by the pharmaceutical companies, and therefore prone to bias and conflict of interest.    I do know you can minimise risks by:

1.  delaying vaccines

2.  spreading the vaccines out 

3.  never giving a sick kid a vax, skipping vaccines if you a family history of allergies, auto-immune issues, neurological issues, seizure issues. 

I do believe some vaccines are suffeciently ineffective that I am not going to take the risks - flu and whooping cough come to mind.

I'm ready to learn...teach me!

Mommy2Tara
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Bump

starbuck75
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Here's a thought: Do you beleive in God? I was taught that God created human beings. do you suppose he would create a child with an imperfect immune system? His intent was that a baby for a period of time feed off its mother's milk. The baby gains colostrum in the first few hours of life from its mother's milk and this is very protective and passes immunity onto the child. In horses (I know horses) if a foal does not get the colostrum, IT WILL DIE. I like to explain the human immune system by telling the story of the butterfly: One day a grandfather was out walking through the woods with his grandchildren when they came upon a cocoon. The cocoon was moving and obviously there was a butterfly inside STRUGGLING to get out. "Oh Grandpa! Cried the children, "Help him! Help him!" Against his better judgement, the grandfather began to peel away the cocoon to make it easier for the butterfly to get out. Once freed, the butterfly fell to the ground and DIED. His BODY was TOO BIG and his WINGS were TOO SMALL for him to survive. He NEEDED the struggle to make his body smaller and his wings bigger so he would be able to fly away and do what butterflies are supposed to do. The butterfly is OUR CHILDREN. The cocoon is benign childhood illnesses like measles, mumps rubella, pertussis, and pertusiss.  Diptheria ocurrs when there is a serious lack of sanitation and foul water.  Tetanus can only take hold in an anearobic environment so since the advance of good wound care, it is rare, and the vaccine is not proven to pervent it (maybe about 37% of the time and we really don't know).  The STRUGGLE is our children's immune systems becomeing stronger in naturally fighting off the benign illnesses and gaining LIFETIME NATURAL IMMUNITY.  Did you know that your child could ocme in contact with any one of these diseases and develop immunity WITHOUT ever manisfesting the bad parts ot the disease like the spots in chicken pox and measles?

This is the type of immunity I have to chicken pox, measles, mumps etc...  I hold "titers" but I never actually came down with the bad symptoms.  My body came in contact adn mounted an immune response and was blet o conquer these diseases without getting sick enough to even miss school.  I shared a room with my sister who caught mumps twice.  I sat by my brothers bedside and red to him when he had the measles.  Still I never came down sick, but I developed titers anyway.

Man owes his very existance to naturally fighting off diseases.  Many bleive thaqt our genome is comprised of all the miniscule invaders that have attacked  our ancestors over the course of man's existance.  It is NOT the strongest who survive BUT those who can GET SICK and GET WELL.  VAccines contain various ANIMAL DNA or HUMAN DNA derived form aborted fetal tissue.  When this is injected, in re-writes human gentic code.  They are trying to say that "autism" is "genetic" but IT IS MUTATION and it is not a good mutation at all. Autism today is really POST-VACCINAL TOXIC ENCEPHALOPATHY.  Autism is only "BEHAVIORS" which are CASUE by the toxic encephalopathy and NOT the other way around.

Through mass vaccinating and requiring now 49 vaccines which is equivalent to aqbout 114 differnet antigens, we qare creawating children who will have NO NATURAL IMMUNITY.  Vaccines wear off, so then the drug companies will have people whose immune systems aqre dependent upon their products for life - if they survive that long.

Your immune system fights one invader and beomces stronger.  Then it is ready for the next and the next and so on.

How do you keep YOUR kids healthy?  There re no guarantees.  If they get one of these benign illnesses then I would focus on treating the immune system to aid it in its job of creating a lifelong immunity.  Most children who die of these diseases are already immuno-comprimised.  Others develop seocndary infections and that is what kills them - not the original disease.  For example, you won't die of a cold, but if you do not take care of yourself, it CAN turn into pneumonia and THAT can kill you.

If you get an infected cut and you do not care for it, you can then get staph.  Then staph leads to cellulitis, which puts you at risk for MRSA and speticemia, which could both do you in.

The way to health is breast feeding, clean food (and so much of it now is GMO poison), clean air (full of mercury and toxins now), and clean water (also polluted with mercury, lead, and fluoride), but the Pharma industry wants to convince each and everyone (or FORCE them) to beleive that ONLY a VACCINE can save your child.  They get ONE BILLION dollars in PURE PROFIT off each vaccine they can get forced into chidlren each year - 49 BILLION per child once they get all these shots.

You need to keep researching on your own and make an informed decision.

I walked into a doctor's office on March 7, 2001, with a happy, healthy, talking, vivacious fifteen-month-old.  I told them I did not want my child to receive thimerosal-containing vaccines.  They deliberatley lied about the ingredients to further their own agenda. My son changed immediatley.  He lost ALL speech.  He became a completley different child.  He was later diagnsoed with many disorders he did nt have before.  he was chronically sick, coming down with an infeciton and fever roughly every two weeks: chronic asthma, shronic bronchits, chroinic pneumonia (eight times!), chronic strep, chronic ear infecitons, chronic staph, cellulitis, serious gut pain, chronic constipation, impaction, mega colon, a metabolic disorder (he cant regulate copper).  His body cannot even fight the bacteria that gets introduced form an insect bite.  he will develop radiating staph from each and every bite site. It turns quickly into cellulitis which puts him at risk for MRSA and septicemia - which could kill him. The medicine to fight this in NOT covered by insurance.  It costs 600 dollars a bottle.  His care has cost us out of pocket to date over one MILLION dollars in lost wages, medical care, therapy, education and legal expenses.  He would have recovered from anyone of the benign illenesses in two to three weeks with proper care.  THIS IS FOR A LIFETIME.

I foudn out the hard way that I couldnot sue the doctor - even for lying to me!  I cannot sue the drug companies.  The repsonsibility falls solely onthe parents' shoulders.  97% of fathers leave when this happens to a child.  Thankfully, I hve a wonderful husband.  Through interventions and A LOT of hard work - anking it my full time job (which cut our household income in half) my son has gone from severly autistic and non-verbal to high funcitoing and very verbal.  It takes your lifetime savings and then some to make it happen.

Is it worth the risk?  Would you rather worry for a few weeks if your child gets the mealse (which MOST survive) or would you rather worry for a LIFETIME?  Do you want to worry about who will care for your child aftre you are gone becasue they cannot ever be independent, have a child of their own, get married, go to college, get a job, or make friends?

My son's entiere childhood was spent being sick.  He id not get to play T-ball or anything else.  He did not get to make friends, and he cannot attend to a movie or stand being in a theatre.  He has difficulty being in noisy crowds.  He will never be on a soccer, football, basketball, or baseball team, and he cannot eat pizza nor birthday cake or a lot of other things becasue he cannot break down the various proteins in those foods.  He has to be on vitamins and minerals four times a day just to keep  him on an even keel.  I have never allowed him to be "doped" up by the medical industry.  But he is on teh road to independence, but he spends his childhood focusing on getting healthy, improving his speech, learning academics (which I have to tech becasue the schools do not teach these kids), and learning lifeskills so he won't go to an institution after I am dead.

Is it worth the risk?  Autism now occurs in one out of every fifty children.  It is four times more prevalent in boys.  You CANNOT find these numbers among popluations who do not vaccinate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)