Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unnvaxed son disappointed he had no chance for tetanus

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 290 Total Views

my older teen son cut his hand (small) at work today on a food can...he came home and wanted to know the signs of tetanus, which i told him, and also found it it had bled, and then told him blood and oxygen will kill tetanus, and he walked away muttering 'dammit'..

obviously this is a sarcastic post, and my son has been making comments lately about 'catching' this or that disease, which usually turns into a joke about vaccines

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
coala
by Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM

LOL!!!!  I find it amusing since I had to get a booster when I injured myself at work at the age of 17.  I didn't know then what I know now.

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM

As a child I never understood that even if you were immunized against it, you still had to get a shot after a "dirty" wound...   I believed if you were "immunized" you couldn't get it, so why the booster?  :)

PEEK05
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Haha I didn't know this until now!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

As a child I never understood that even if you were immunized against it, you still had to get a shot after a "dirty" wound...   I believed if you were "immunized" you couldn't get it, so why the booster?  :)

FebPenguins
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM

HA! My mom was pressured into a tetanus shot after a slicing herself with a knife in a CLEAN kitchen! WTF!

kitty8199
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I wonder how many Drs push this out of ignorance.

Quoting FebPenguins:

HA! My mom was pressured into a tetanus shot after a slicing herself with a knife in a CLEAN kitchen! WTF!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN