Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now what do I do?

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

My son is 10 yrs old and is going on his first retreat in May.  I got the paperwork out today and of course on it is the question "Date of your last tetanus shot?"  I want him to go, he needs to go on this so do I just put a date on there.  He had one when he was a baby and has not had any more vaccines since his huge allergic reation and seizure from the MMR shot when he was 18 months old.  Yes its to do with our church but I dont want to tell them he wont have another tetanus shot.  They are going to Kentucky for a week to help on farms so what do I do, get him a tetanus shot, risk him having another seizure????

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Just leave it blank. It's none of their business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
superwoman8977
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Its my church I dont want to start bad blood with them.  I love this church and we have been looking for a church for 6 years

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM
How would leaving it blank start any 'bad blood' ? They cat do anything about his vax status, so its really a moot point. and it's rude of them to ask for personal medical information. I would just tell them you aren't comfortable disclosing any medical information.

Quoting superwoman8977:

Its my church I dont want to start bad blood with them.  I love this church and we have been looking for a church for 6 years

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM

all they need to know is that your son had a terrible reaction to vaccines and cant have any more. they cant be mad at you for that! 

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Are they going to disallow him to go if he hasnt had one?
Personally, I would put the accurate date of his last shot, and if it comes up and they ask about it just tell them vaccines cause him to have seizures.
Honestly, it might be a good idea to tell them that anyway, because gawd forbid something happen on the trip and they need to bring him to the ER, that'd be good info for them to have so they know to tell the ER no shots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liliem
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:38 PM

This!

Quoting jellyphish:

Personally, I would put the accurate date of his last shot, and if it comes up and they ask about it just tell them vaccines cause him to have seizures.
Honestly, it might be a good idea to tell them that anyway, because gawd forbid something happen on the trip and they need to bring him to the ER, that'd be good info for them to have so they know to tell the ER no shots.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree put the accurate date. And tell them in writing that your son has had severe vaccine reactions and you therefore refuse vaccines for medical reasons. If your honesty cuses 'bad blood' than you are at the wrong church. I highly doubt our Heavenly Father would ask you to put your child in danger just to make a church/school/whatever happy.
Quoting liliem:

This!

Quoting jellyphish:

formersheep
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

This!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN