Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so frustrated!!!! please help

I haven't been active on this site for awhile. I have 3 kids. my first is half vaxed, my second had her first round and my third has no vaccines. I am having my fourth in 2 weeks and still cannot find a pediatrician that will accept him as a patient and come see him in the hospital. I've had pediatricians turn me away because of my choice not to vaccinate. What am I to do? I am in Alabama, so I can get a religious exemption, which I will do, but what do I do about him seeing a pediatrician? Please help.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Replies (21-22):
HungryForTruth
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I found the right onw now. Thanks, I haven't been accepted yet, but perhaps that's due to it being late. 

Quoting ceckyl:

Did you find the right one? Did you get accepted or do you still need me to send a message?

Quoting HungryForTruth:

No, I just searched that name in the search groups tab

Quoting ceckyl:

Oh I typed the group name wrong! Did you send a request to *raising intact boys* with the stars and everything?

Quoting HungryForTruth:

I sent a request to join the group and still have not been accepted. Does it usually take awhile for them to accept new members? Can you send a message to one of the owners? I am having my son Thursday (2 days) and I would really love to be able to read some of the posts to help me transition to having a son and having an uncircuzised son. Thanks

Quoting ceckyl:

For the circumcision part, join the group raising intact sons. I am willing to guarantee you that if everyone leaves his penis alone, it will be normal and fine. I don'tet anyone even go in my sons diaper. Too many doctors don't know what they're doing and damage forskins.

Wipe it like a finger and that is ALL.

Quoting HungryForTruth:No, I don't really feel the need to take my baby to a pediatrician for well baby check ups and all. I exclusively breastfeed and have never had sick kids, to the point where they needed to see a doctor. My main concern is having a doctor see him in the hospital and this is my first son and I am not circumsizing so I figured I would need a peditricians help with making sure everything is going smoothly there, lol. Everyone in my family that has a boy, has circumsized (and thinks I'm crazy for choosing not to) so I can't ask them for "advice" about what's normal and what not. 

Quoting wolfybaby:how badly do you want your baby to see a pediatrician? what about a natural doctor that sees babies? ive even heard of people taking their infants to chiropractors. the on-call pediatrician cant not see your baby at the hospital; he *has* to in order to discharge you. but after that, do you really even want to battle with a doctor about vaccines at every well-visit? thats if you even find one that accepts vaccine-free patients..

BEXi
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Im in NC and my children go to Duke Pediatric Clinic. They have pushed the vaccine issue with me before, but I just saw a new pedi doctor today and he was very respectful about it with me. The nurse was really nice also, but she started saying, "well, you know with DS1 going into school this year.." I cut her off and said "I already know the law and I already have his exemption form." and pulled it out for her to see. She smiled and said "Okay great! Just checking." Phew. I dont know why I always get so nervous.

Like others may have already suggested, you could try searching for a naturopathic doctor or literally call every single pediatrician in your area and surrounding areas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN