Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you......

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 365 Total Views

eat organic food and avoid GMO food?  Just curious.  I buy mostly organic food, although it can be expensive.  

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I eat organic rarely. I would love to avoid GMO's but there is no way on our food budget. I do plant organic seeds in our little garden.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maddiesmommy5
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
yes, I eat about 90% raw diet and have a huge organic garden. We will be putting in a heated green house soon...So excited! DD eats like me but SO is a meat a potatoes kinda guy, love him anyways lol.
emmy526
by New Owner on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

yes, as much as possible..i refuse to  buy produce from mexico too..i check all labels on stuff i buy too..almost  to an obsession, really...and with obama signing on the head of monsanto as the new FDA chief, we are all screwed as far as our general food supply...i'll start buying european foods if i have to, because over there, theyy have bans in place on GMO foods

JoJoBean8
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
We only eat organic
mjrex87
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Beef and chicken is always organic and I use the "dirty dozen" rule for produce. 

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I avoid gmo as much as I can, and I pick and choose which produce I buy organic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondboy2012
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM
We buy raw milk, cheese, eggs , beef and pork from a local farm. Our fresh fruits and veggies are mostly organic. We still buy junk food, but I do try to buy some of that organic too.
We also make a lot of our household products such as deodorant, lotion, laundry soap, vapor rub ect.
Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I do this, too. I read labels when I buy anything that's processed and try to buy only products that I can recognize all the ingredients. I still feel like I can't win with food quality, though, with all the crap our government lets happen to the food in our country.

Quoting mjrex87:

Beef and chicken is always organic and I use the "dirty dozen" rule for produce. 

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I try my best. Sometimes I feel pretty defeated.
wolfybaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM

i am very aware and up-to-date with whats going on in the food-health industry. i grow my own vegetables, get organic eggs and raw milk from my mom, and sometimes meat. i may not always buy organic [though i prefer to], but that doesnt mean ill get wonderbread instead. there is a middle ground with conventional food. you can get away from the pesticides in conventional food, but there are a lot of options that dont have the additives. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)