Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken Pox (my kids never had it)

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

I had the chicken pox when i was younger. I cant remember how old i was... Some where 8-10 i think.

I have been vaccinated since birth until 2007. I stopped any Vaccines on my self and my kids.

My two girls have been vaccinated from birth until 2007. my son ( 3yrs old) has never been vaccinated. My question is for my two girls for now. My DD 8 1/2 and DD 6 1/2 never had the chicken pox. What should i do?

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Find someone who has them or shingles. If you want them to get it.
If not up the vitamin c, d, probiotics and wash hands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aeroslove
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I dont know anyone and we dont hang out with anyone. so i guess they will keep eating a vegan diet

Quoting kitty8199:

Find someone who has them or shingles. If you want them to get it.
If not up the vitamin c, d, probiotics and wash hands.

emmy526
by New Owner on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM

there is a link in this forum to finding pox on fb in your area

EcoModernMom
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

im curious how old is TOO old to get the chicken pox. is there a certain age where if you don't get them you should get the vaccine or do you from that point on just hope you dont get them? my daughter is 6 right now but at this rate i feel like we will never find the chicken pox..and i don't want her getting them when she is older...do i?

plus i have a newborn coming this summer, so i probably wouldn't want her getting them anyway until the baby gets a certain age?

aeroslove
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM

No idea sorry. My kids still havent had it and im also due in Oct. I dont live in a area that anyone goes out looking for it i think.

Quoting EcoModernMom:

im curious how old is TOO old to get the chicken pox. is there a certain age where if you don't get them you should get the vaccine or do you from that point on just hope you dont get them? my daughter is 6 right now but at this rate i feel like we will never find the chicken pox..and i don't want her getting them when she is older...do i?

plus i have a newborn coming this summer, so i probably wouldn't want her getting them anyway until the baby gets a certain age?

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My father is 74 and has never had the Chicken Pox.  Or if he did, it was such a mild case that it went unnoticed.

I've heard a lot of people say that Chicken Pox is tough on older people, but I'd like to see some studies on it...

Quoting EcoModernMom:

booklover74
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM

A lot of people have the chicken pox virus without an actual outbreak.it generally happens when you have syblings/cousing that get it. Your symptoms might not present as a typical chicken pox but more as a mild cold virus. You might have a couple spots here and there that even you don't really notice as well. Some people really have no symptom of being sicka t all but still clearly show titers for having had chicken pox.

Lots of adults who don't remember having chicken pox probably did have it with typical or atypical symptoms. I had measles at age nine. i was down for two weeks, in a dark room, kept in bed most of the time. It should have been memorable but I have no recollection of it. In fact as an adult (long before I understood vaccines), I noticed my shot record didn't have an MMR on it. I asked my mom about it. First she told me she didn't get me most vaccines and then told me it didn't matter anyway because I had the measles when I was nine. She was amazed I didn't remember anything about it. I had chicken pox at seven and remember everything about it lol. had I not asked about my shot record I would have never known I that I had the measles (both versions actually).

If you have syblings or lose friends that get chicken pox around the same time and no one notices you having it, chances are you probably had the virus in you but it just appeared as a mild fever and virus like symptoms (a cold) and you may have had a few small spots that evenn you didn't notice.

For me there isn't an age to either have chicken pox or get the vaccine. The vaccine just isn't an option for us. Even before I was against vaccines (or had even heard there were people against them), I though the chicken pox one was an insane idea and vowed never to give it to my kids. The more I learned about it the more I know I'm never concenting to my kids getting it. If they get chicken pox as adults, they will probably be miserable but you get sickwith lots of things as adults that make you miserable.

emmy526
by New Owner on Apr. 29, 2013 at 6:28 AM

my clients daughter who is 69, says she never had chicken pox, and wanted to go get the shingles shot...til they told her she couldn't have it if she never had pox, and maybe she oughta get the pox vaccine instead, but there was no guarantee it wouldn't make her very ill....i told her to have a titer test run-did she listen?  nope...she is STILL lamenting over not having had chicken pox...her mother has dementia, and has no idea if she had them as a kid or not.   Some people never learn OR listen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)