Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy story :) (sorry, long)

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 226 Total Views
5 moms liked this
I have been talking to my friend for about a year or so about my stance on vaccines. She is my moms age so no longer has to worry about her own child's vaccination schedule, but she does have grandchildren, one of which lives with her and her husband (her daughter lives there too.) her 4 year old grandson that lives with her is autistic. His mother is an RN and has been very pro vaccine. My friend has been giving her info and telling her things and she would just get hateful because she knows vaccines save lives! Well, a little while ago she started her son on a more natural organic diet. My friend couldn't help but point out in the midst of an argument that she is making sure he eats all organic, but she is injecting who knows what into him? Doesn't make sense! She didn't have a response to that! And now just a short time later, she asked for my help with an exemption to enroll him in kindergarten! Yay! When my friend asked me that I almost cried I was so happy that it finally hit her!
I also have a cousin that just had a baby in January and because of the information I provided she did her research and has decided not to vaccinate him (and leave him whole)!
So keep spreading the word! You never know who you will influence. It may be the person you least expected.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
That is great news!
Proud2BWeird
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay for the RN momma changing her mind!

Double yay for the new momma not vaccinating or circumcising! Lucky, lucky little boy (and man he'll become)!
Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:01 PM

That is awesome! It feels great when you know you're making a difference. :)

liliem
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM

OMG, my friend has watched my son, 4 months youger than her daughter, and is deciding not to vaccinate her next daughter, and stopping the vaccinations with her daughter, and looking for another pediatrician that is on board. I couldn't believe it. She saw my son and how he never gets sick and her daughter is always getting sick. I'm so happy! I also got my SIL to delay but she's not as strong, and works, and doesn't want to deal with it. Oh well, can't win them all. 

PEEK05
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:02 PM

That is awesome.

gmapoohz
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

THANK YOU to HeatherD and Liliem (and any other positive results posters)

for the happy stories !!! happy

I can get so weary and discouraged reading bad/sad news/stories.

I want to start a happy story group -  for when I need a "happy fix".  :-)

Gma Poohz :-)

HeatherD1027
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Yay that's great news! Maybe your SIL will come around eventually. You never know.

Quoting liliem:

OMG, my friend has watched my son, 4 months youger than her daughter, and is deciding not to vaccinate her next daughter, and stopping the vaccinations with her daughter, and looking for another pediatrician that is on board. I couldn't believe it. She saw my son and how he never gets sick and her daughter is always getting sick. I'm so happy! I also got my SIL to delay but she's not as strong, and works, and doesn't want to deal with it. Oh well, can't win them all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)