Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me! Sorry it's long.

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 371 Total Views
Hi ladies, So in a nutshell I have four kids the first two are fully vaccinated except my son never got the MMR shot (i just never felt right about it) he is 5 and had his last shot at 9 months. My third and fourth who are 2.5 and 9 months have never been vaccinated. I have read and read and feel very confident in my decision until they get sick. I have talked to a bunch of moms who also do not vaccinate and they say that their kids are rarely sick. My two I feel are sick quite often with colds and croup (my one always gets croup). Neither has ever been on an antibiotic for anything but they are always getting colds with cough. They eat well we eat 80 percent organic unprocessed foods and my 2.5 year old doesn't nurse anymore but was EBF and my new little guy is EBF. All of my kids take probiotics, vit D, vit c and a multivitamin so I don't know what I am doing wrong. Well anyway they both have a cold right now and started with a cough and I always think the absolute worst! Everytime they cough I think they have pertussis and everytime they have a fever I think something horrible like meningitis. I think the two that scare me the most are pertussis and hib. I want to be able to have my kids get sick and not worry myself sick all the time! it's horrible i lose sleep and worry for weeks on end. I have even thought about vaccinating in hopes that I would stop worrying! But then i remember everything I have read. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Anyones LO get pertussis?? Sorry so much writing I think lack of sleep with this fourth one is making me a little wacky! lol Thanks
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM

A bit off topic:  I was told by my Pedi that Croup and Pertussis are the same thing, just different names.  She said that if a vaccinated child gets it, the medical community calls it "croup" but if the child is unvaccinated they call it "pertussis."

Have you looked into boosting your kids immunity with Elderberry Syrup?  It's something I've recently learned about and will purchase my next trip to the Health Food Store...

starbuck75
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:42 AM

My son regressedint o autism immediatley following vaccination a little over twelve years ago.  "Autism" in its new form is horribly misnamed.  Calssic autism refers only to BEHAVIORS and loss of speech and eye contact.  The new iatrogenic form brings with it MANY medical comorbidities.  In addtion to the behaviors seen in classic autism, my son was also left with an immune disorder.  They call it immune disorder "NOS" - not otherwise specified.  That is what they call diseases when they don't know or won't admit what casued it or they can't explain it.  He was also diagnosed with a metabolic disoder NOS.  He was also diagnosed with auditory processing diosrder, senosry integration disorder, OCD, anxiety disorder.  All of thes disorders occurred post-vaccination.  He also developed a gut disoder inwhich he cannot absorb nutrients properly or normally.  Post vaccingation he was diangosed with "Heavy Metal Intoxication) due to the mercury in the shots.  Mercury poisoning causes deranged mineral transport n the body.  My son could not utilize or absorb enough calcium form his digestive system, so his body started sucking calcium out of his baby teeth and his bones.  His baby teeth de-mineralized and he had to go to the OR for extensive dental work.  He broke TWO bones before the age of five.  The fracture in his leg was hairline from BARELY bumping his leg on the coffee table.  Even after they put him in a cast for five weeks, he still wouldnot bear weight on his leg for another two months.  Post vacciantion, my son couldno longer break down the proteins gluten, casein, or soy - so if he ate these proteins they casued horrendous gut pain and would make him run down the hall and throw himself up again the wall so hard he would fall down. 

He also developed a sleep disoder.  It was hard to get him to fall asleep and then he would wake us every two hours screming in horrible pain from reflux and stomach pain.  Post vacciantion, my son began to get an infection with fever EVERY TWO WEEKS.  sometimes he would go three weeks, but not very often.  This went on from 2001 -2010 EVERY TWO WEEKS.  He had pneumonia eight times, two many cases of bronchitis to count, viral meningitis he caught at a wedding (but all of us caught it.  This is not the bad kind like bacterial but it is bad enough).  He has had too many cases of bronchitis to count.  Then we learned he couldnot even fight the bacteria that gets introduced when an insect bites him.  We have to watch him very closely.  If he gets stung by a bee or fire ant, he goes into anaphylaxis.  I have to carry an Epipen wherever we go.  He can't fight the bacteria from any insect bite (even a fly or mosquito bite) and he will develop radiating STAPH from each and every bite site. This quickly turns into cellulitis which can lead to MRSA and septicemia, which could kill him.  We have to spring into action immediatley after he is bitten with Benadryl and prescription strength anitbiotic ointment.  He has had Strep many times.  Often he got strep and staph at the same time.  For this he has to be put on a tier one antibiotic, which insurance does not cover.  That antibiotic costs between 500 - 600 dollars for a little bottle.  We wouldhave to go to the emergency room at least wice a month and our deductible was 500 dollars each time.  Since it casued his to lose speech, he needed speech therapy.  Insurance doesn't cover this, so that costs about 1500 a month.  Then he needed physical therapy not covred by insurance - another 1500 a month.  He also needed occupational therapy due to the vestibular and motor irregularities it casued.  This is another 1500 a month.  It caused numerous food intolerances and sensitivities, so he HAS TO be on a gf/cf/sf diet in addition to organic and free of dyes, preservatives, nitrites slfates etc... His foods alone can run 400 a  month.  Due to his issues with absorbing nutrients properly, he must be on pure supplements from specific companies, and he must take vitamins, minerals, and aome amino acids four times a day.  The supplements run about 300 - 400 dollars a month. 

He was also diagnosed with "asthma," and was put on steroids for years.  These made him gain a lot of weight, and one time they caused a psychotic episode.  These also put him at risk for diabetes, cataracts, heart damage, and lymphomas.   Many docotrs wanted to also put him on a host of psychotropic meds, but we refused.  I deicide to treat his vaccine damage as naturally as possible, so the only prescription meds I have allowed are antibiotics when he often got infections, and the steroids because he has to be ble to breathe.  I dealt with behaviros using ABA.  This can cost 25 -60 dollars per hour.  We couldnot afors that so I couldnot go back to work full time and I became his tutor.  I bought the ABA manual and did it myself.

The later I realized that if was to get an academic education, I wouldhave to do that myself becsue if a parent wants to invke the IDEA, they ahve to be able to afford a lawyer.  While schools can use as much tazpayer money as they want for lawyers in order to fight special ed parents, parents must shell out for thier own lawyers.  Schools educate only those they deem worth educating, and they do not deem autistic kids as worth educating.  So for the last 2.5 years I have had to home school.  He has made phenomenal progress.

In order to get mercury out (as he testedpostivie for this) we have to chelate him.  We do it a natural way, but he must get a small dose of chelator every three hours around the clock for three days straight, so my husbnad and I take turns every Friday through Sunday gettingup every three hours to give him the natural chelator.  All my sons meals are made from scratch. He has never had a Big Mac or a Happy Meal.

All of this is made worse by the fact that I knew aobut thimerosal and other things to a degree.  I admantly refused for my child to be given thimerosal-containing vaccines, but the pediatrician lied and gave them to him anyway.  He was a happy, healthy, normally developing child when we walked into that clinic that day. He cahnged immediatley following the shots, and then the docotr abandoned his care and we were not allowed to sit in the same waiting room as other parents for fear we mihgt inform them of the dangers.  When I went to a lawyer over that, we wer told we could not sue her.  Doctors, hospitals, and drug comanies are immune from vaccine litigation.  This means if anyone is damged or dies after a vaccine - tough luck.  the burden and financial responsibility is squarely only on the parents' shoulders.  We did file with VAERS, and for ten years the government made us jump through difficult hoops in their attempt to get 5000 parents to give up.  In the end, they just took it to the Supreme Court who summarily ruled we could not seek any compensation for vaccine damage simply becasue we called it autism and not something else.

From last Septemeber through the end of this February, my son got several infections and a rash not one docotr could defnitely explain.   

Through biomedical interventions, therapies, and chealtion, my son did regain all forms of speech.  He is now high functioning except emotionally and socially.  He can only learn by 1:1 insturciton which schools refuse to provide.  RPM teaching methodology has worked well for him but hte school won't pay for it.  Taht is another 600 dollars a month as he must have a trained tutor for math and she reinforeces other academic subjects.

EVen though he regained speech, he still stims constantly whenever he is not engaged.  This means that he paces back and forth, talkes ot himself, and/or makes non-sensical nosies constantly and finger flicks his fingers in fron of  his eyes. He had constant tremors iwth nystagmus early on but thatnk God no severe seizures yet.  More than half these children develop seizuer disorder by puberty.  A friend of mine's son has had these seizures isnce regression.  He can have up to five gran mal seizures a day.  Antoehr friedns son has a nerve disorde rthan came iwth this disease.  He suffers spells of horrible nerve pain in his legs.

My son has recoved a great deal, but ther eis stilla long way to go. It only took four shots to put him in this position and so far twelve and a half years to jsut get him to this point.  It has cost us over a million dollars in care and lost wages in twelve years.  They tell us his care could cost another 2.2 million dollars.  We were comfortable before this happened. We were living "The American Dream."  We were not rich but we wer comfortable and we had a nest egg set aside for retirement.  Now we are broke and in debt.  Now we worry paycheck to paycheck if we will barely squeak by.  Now e worry if the next bout of pneumonia, staph, or strep will kill him.  H eis an only child, so we worry who will care for him once we are gone.  All the insittutions in our state are under investigation for abuse and neglect.  Residents have been foundlying intheir own feces, urine and blood.  Many have been sexually abused.  I beg God not to let me die jsut so I can be here to protect him.

Once mercury binds to organs and the brain, it disrupts these processes for up to twenty five years or longer.  It takes a moent to put it in and upt ot six years to get it out safely.  We are two years in and still ahve not gotten it all out, but he is getting better, abut you can see what it has cost us.  I am lucky that my husbnad has stayed the course.  90% of fathers ususally bail when this happens to a child.  Sucide rates for these childrne are four times higher than the national average.  I know a dad who did everything and healed his son and taught his son, butthen when the young man went off to college, he killed himself (due to the social isoaltion this disorder brings with it).  It is so sad.  WORRY.

Worry?  I haven't really had a good night's sleep in twelve years.  My husband and I have been out at night on a date only twice in twelve years, and I have not had a vacation in over twelve years.  I can't remember when life was something other than HARD WORK and WORRY 24/7.   If that doctor had given me a choice and told me the truth about the ingredients, I wouldhave run for the door, but I wasnt given a choice.  Doctors lie to further their own agendas.  Now I am left with a life that I did not plan adn all my hard work and saving was for ?  I will be okay.  EVery now and then I have to have my own little pity party, but hten I pick myself up, dust my boots off and forge ahead.

My one joy and vision is of y son healing.  He is slowly getting there.  His infecitons have greatly reduced.  His ashtma is better and we wer able to wean him off steorids, though he still needs Xopanex.

I have not vaccianted him since and I would never risk that again.  His infecitons are never the ones they vacciante for.  

Your child could get one of these illeness, and except for th emenigits one, the others can be treated and confer natural immunity.  My sonwouldhave recovered formmeasles, ,numps, rubella, chicken pox, or pertussis in two to three weeks.  This disorder LATS A LIFETIME.  There is now a 1:50 chance for girls and a 1:31 cahnce for boys if you vaccinate in developing htis disorder. Globally speaking, your child has a 0.0000328 % chance of dying of measles and jsut as low for the other benign illnesses.

It is soley up to you which risk you are willing to take.  It is not all or nothing.  YOU can decide which vaccines to do and which to reject.  The combination vacs seem to be the most problmeatic.  I think DTaP and Prevnar played a huge role in triggerringmy sons autism becuase I met parents whose kids got the same lot numbers of these as my son did, and theri kids wound up damged too.  MMR is a combination vac this highly suspected by parents.  I think combination vacs are dangerous as are vacs iwth thimerosal and aluminum in them (theya re all pretty bad but these are the worst).  Again, only you can decide which risks are worth taking.  But I would rather worry for the ten days to three weeks and be done with the worry that what we have had to go through.

twogirl91
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Both my boys are not vaccinated, both were EBF my oldest until he was a year old and my second son is still breastfeeding at 10months and we plan on going longer than a year. But my oldest from the time he was little got sick ALL the time, he still does. He catches every little thing, my second son however rarely gets sick and when he does he has a much more mild case of it than my oldest. I just think every kid has a different immune system. I do all natural remedies and never use any medicine unless I HAVE to. It's amazing how well their little bodies work to fight off things on their own. 

emmy526
by New Owner on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

ive NEVER heard that in my entire life...your pedi is an idiot...pertussis is a bacteria, croup is not.  ANY decent dr would know the difference.  Croup can clear up with steam...pertussis can last for 3 mos with the cough, 

pertussis also causes thick choking mucous, and croup does not.  It's the mucous that chokes kids to death along with lack of oxygen from coughing and choking

Quoting GoodyBrook:

A bit off topic:  I was told by my Pedi that Croup and Pertussis are the same thing, just different names.  She said that if a vaccinated child gets it, the medical community calls it "croup" but if the child is unvaccinated they call it "pertussis."

Have you looked into boosting your kids immunity with Elderberry Syrup?  It's something I've recently learned about and will purchase my next trip to the Health Food Store...

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

hehehehe :)

Which is why we've since switched to a Naturopath.  Not sure that this one is any better though.  *sigh*

Quoting emmy526:

ive NEVER heard that in my entire life...your pedi is an idiot...pertussis is a bacteria, croup is not.  ANY decent dr would know the difference.  Croup can clear up with steam...pertussis can last for 3 mos with the cough, 

pertussis also causes thick choking mucous, and croup does not.  It's the mucous that chokes kids to death along with lack of oxygen from coughing and choking

Quoting GoodyBrook:

starbuck75
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

It the old days they used to treat croup andpertussis with syrup of ipecac.  It  made them throw up all the mucous.  Theyused steam too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)