Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for a friend

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 109 Total Views

I'm pulling general questions out (and is ok'd by her!) so you have the info. I mentioned that it sheds and quoted the insert, but didn't have any other info saved. Hoping you guys have more resources :)

"We pretty much followed dr. Sear's alternative schedule, but Merck (the company that makes the MMR vaccine) doesn't make the separated out mumps, measles, and rubella vaccines anymore. I was hoping to do that, but am a little nervous about giving the MMR. I know I will have him get it, just not sure when. What are your thoughts?"

"Merck was the only one making the separated out one though, which is where my dilemma lies. The other thing is that I'm pregnant and mmr is a live vaccine... Baby is due in June, so does it make sense to get the vaccine before baby arrives?"

When asked if *she* was getting it "No, not for me, for my son. He was supposed to get it at his 15 month appointment (because we didn't do it at 12 months), but he's sick, so doc won't give any vaccines until he has a clean bill of health. I was planning on doing Hib and PC at his 15month, but considering switching those around with MMR. Baby #2 will be here mid June (which is before DS 18 month appointment, where he would get the MMR). My concern is that Baby #2 will just be a few weeks old and I don't know the risks of giving a live vaccine to another member in the household with a newborn in the house."

"do you have any research to back up that it won't affect new baby or me (while pregnant) if we give it to son before new baby?"

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
emmy526
by New Owner on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

All i can suggest is looking thru the forums in this group for links to answers you're looking for...i know there are links about mmr and shedding in the 'links' forum

liliem
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I kept my unvaxed son away from my friends daughter for at least 2 weeks after any vaccinations. Better safe than sorry. Although when my son is less at risk I wouldn't mind him getting whooping cough, chicken pox,  and some of the actual common one's so that he is immune and boosts my immunity again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)