Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My oldest daughter was delay vaxed when she was young. She goes to a Catholic School. It was the school I went to growing up and it is alot better education and is a very loving enviroment. I just found out that they will not accept an exemption. My youngest is unvaxed and only 16 months old. I can not imagine sending her to the public school here, really can't even wrap my mind around it. Our local chiropractor tried to enroll his daughter in preschool. This is how I found out they wont take exemptions. He said the principal felt terrible turning him away and obviously didn't want to do it but the decision has been made by the Bishop for all schools in the diocese so it is not her call. Any ideas? Once blood brain barrier is formed is it as bad to vax slowly starting at 3? I really don't want to chose between education and health...devasted by this news. Homeschooling is not an option for me. 

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (11-13):
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I really hope you can find a way for a decent education for your child and no vaccinating.

I agree with Kitty, start calling and writing about the aborted fetal tissue and also do the research to find out if they accept any government funding at all, which requires them to comply with certain rules.

Also, since you have some time before school age you could look for others interested and check into what it would take to convince some people who have the resources and know-how to start a new school.  You never know what's possible until you check into it.

Rent the Marva Collins story movie and get inspired - you might be the catalyst for something awesome :-)

Gma Poohz :-)

by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM

 I would try anyway. If they realize they are losing students they might reconsider. If they say it's up the bishop, write him a letter. Explain how you feel, explain he is preventing your child from attending school. You don't have anything to lose what does it hurt to try. I have decided if I can not get my children into school then I will homeschool. I've never wanted to homeschool but if it's in God's plan for us that's what I'll do. I won't vaccinate.

by New Owner on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I think i would change my life priorities if some one else determined my child's health and future health is their business and insisted on poisoning their body with unproven 'preventive' care.  I would also consider it blasphemus on my part to alter their God given body because someone else said it had to be done for educational purposes.   You can write to the Bishop, but in reality, don't expect him to bend for just you...if it was a group of parents protesting, you mite get some kind of response other than a flat 'no'.    I have worked for catholic employers before, and the church is so strong in their decisions, there's almost no room for discussion on issues. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)