After 8 years, our Pediatrician has notified me that she will be retiring in the next year. She says she told me before her other patients because of my 8 year old's disabilities, she wanted to give us plenty of time to find a new Dr for him and his younger brother. While she was not 100% behind us not vaccinating my youngest and gave us a lecture sometimes, she has been tolerant of our decision for the most part.
The private insurance that my oldest has has a very limited amount of Pediatricians and Family Drs covered under it. I'm 99% sure the Pediatricians on the policy will not take my boys because the oldest is not up to date and the youngest is not vaccinated.
So, I need to know a "script" when I'm calling these places. What to ask. How to word it? Knowing that I'm probably only talking to the front desk person. I'm so unsure how to call around and ask if they will take my children so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Should I call other places and see if they would accept his private insurance even if they are not on the website as a provider?
The closest one on the Drs list who accept non-vaccinating is almost 2 hours a way from us, so that isn't an option.
on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM