Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am pregnant and due in November and December

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you tell the medical staff you don't want the vitamin K shot for your baby? I hate fighting for my rights. I already have the excuse for the hepatitis B. But I am also worried because I dont have insurance. This kid was not really planned. It was a oops in the heat of the moment. I dont want welfare hounding me on vaccines. How do I tell my ob no to vaccines and the flu shot for myself? I just want to prepare for this. I dont want to get bashed but I do get insurance on some months with my husband's job and some months I dont. We never have medical insurance at the end of the year.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (21-27):
GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quoting twogirl91:

I just told them no, they tried to talk me into and I still said no. I put it in my birth plan for no shots and then made sure either my husband or I was with our children every minute at the hospital. You can also tell them it's against your beliefs, they usually won't argue too much with you there. 

This is soooo true!  It would take a ballsy nurse to have a counter to "The Lord has commanded otherwise."

:)

notjstanothrmom
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Just tell your care provider no.

As for the vaccines at birth, depending on the state you may need a waiver. Here in CT I had to sign a "religious" waiver to deny both which were provided to me along with information by my midwife. Here without the waiver they can be charged with negligence.
tansyflower
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM

ot but is there a reason you dont qaulify for state health insurance?

Allinorder
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I will when my dh gets laid off for the summer. I dh medical insurance next month. I'm scared to go the doctor. I keep wondering if I miscarried or not. I have no bleeding. I'm scared to get attached too because of my miscarriage history.

Quoting tansyflower:

tansyflower
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM

sweety all i can say is take a deep breath and let that anxiety go.  i know what its like to have a history of miscarriage and it will do you no good to think negatively about any of this stuff.  you are well within your legal rights to not have your children vaxed...no one is going to give you a hard time and if they do just tell them the subject is not open for discussion and walk away or tell them to leave.  you are doing whats best for your baby, dont doubt yourself!

Quoting Allinorder:

I will when my dh gets laid off for the summer. I dh medical insurance next month. I'm scared to go the doctor. I keep wondering if I miscarried or not. I have no bleeding. I'm scared to get attached too because of my miscarriage history.

Quoting tansyflower:

mama2gg
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:56 PM

There should be NO issues with Vit K shot when I went to have my DD they just asked me I said no I signed a paper DONE...shouldn't be an issue or a fight at all....same thing with Hep. B you its just a paper I don't understand why you would think this would be a fight? The fights don't start till you start to vax at wellbaby check ups THEN you may have to find a doctor whom will keep you as a non-vaxer

I have no experience with welfare not sure what they have to do with shots.....

The vax for baby has nothing to do with your OB your OB takes care of YOU so you just say NO to the flu and conversation over, as far as baby they don't even OFFER the flu shot to babies here till 4 months and then you just say no thank you and again its not an issue

Im confused on your insurance , it doesn't just "run out" at the end of the month either you pay for it all year or you default and don't have it either way non of my business just sounds silly

Allinorder
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM
My husband has to make so many hours for a month and if he doesn't the insurance drop.

Quoting mama2gg:

There should be NO issues with Vit K shot when I went to have my DD they just asked me I said no I signed a paper DONE...shouldn't be an issue or a fight at all....same thing with Hep. B you its just a paper I don't understand why you would think this would be a fight? The fights don't start till you start to vax at wellbaby check ups THEN you may have to find a doctor whom will keep you as a non-vaxer

I have no experience with welfare not sure what they have to do with shots.....

The vax for baby has nothing to do with your OB your OB takes care of YOU so you just say NO to the flu and conversation over, as far as baby they don't even OFFER the flu shot to babies here till 4 months and then you just say no thank you and again its not an issue

Im confused on your insurance , it doesn't just "run out" at the end of the month either you pay for it all year or you default and don't have it either way non of my business just sounds silly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN