Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update!!!*My kids are just not as healthy as I expected. Update!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

after months of fighting these allergies... Tons of breathing treatments, X-rays to check for pneumonia, tons of meds... And MONTHs of me pulling out my hair... The doctor said if he was not improving with everything we were doing (not only not improving but DECLINING at an increasing rate) there was mold in the home. I broke the lease and left after my inspection found tons... A week later my youngest is already over his ear infections, hasn't had a breathing treatment in days, and I am decreasing his allergy meds little by little. He's off all his cough meds, antibiotics, and asthma meds now. I was in the middle of an elimination diet during all this do I'm going through with it anyway. I have a completely different child. Thank you guys for all the advice even though it turned out to be my own retarded fault for wanting to save 200 a month.

My youngest son just turned 2 and is just not healthy. I just found out the past month that he has horrible allergies. His entire face was swollen, his eyes swelled shut, he could barely breathe. They said he has to have breathing treatments every 4 hours, strong allergy meds daily, and he isnt allowed outside or to even open windows.

On top of that, the last 6 months or so, he gets an ear infection about once a month. The past 4 days hes had a fever that is 103-104+ unless he has motrin in his system then the fever is just down to 100-101. I figure its another ear infection but he just finished a dose of antibiotics about a week or two ago.  He's always coughing, or has a runny nose, or is drooling all over the place. His nose is ALWAYS stuffy. He's had nothing to eat the past few days but cereal and pretzel sticks.\

He's going back to the doctor tomorrow and I'm guessing it will be more harrassment about ear tubes and another round of antibiotics.

Before the past 6 months.. hed never had a dose of antibiotics.. never even had to use a pain reliever. Its to the point where work wont even let me miss anymore days, they just say i have to coem in.. so I get stuck drugging him up then sending him off to daycare and wiating for the "come and pick him up" call so I can leave work.

My oldest has a horrible case of adhd with like no impulse control. I wnat to duct tape him to walls most days. I wish i could.

My youngest has had NO vaccines at all. My oldest only had vaccines till he was 2 mo. How does this work? How is it I did everything I was suppose to? No vaccines.. no antibiotics.. mostly organic food.. breastfeeding.. cloth diapering... a huge involvement in being informed on EVERYTHING to do with them and their medical needs... But I get stuck with more problems then the peopel who vaccinate and couldnt care less what goes in this kids bodies? Why did I put so much effort and thought into everything to end up worse off? I'm so frustrated.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Replies (21-23):
jjchick75
by New Member on May. 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM

My kids all have sever food allergies. It's heredity. They were doomed as both my husband and I suffer from all kind of allergies. My oldest and my youngest are the worst. My youngest is allergic to everything. His worst allergies are to things like soaps, stuff to clean the house, and tooth paste! He had an allergic reaction to tooth paste a little over a month ago that ended up with him in the ER with huge hives in his mouth! Somethings we can control and somethings we can't! 

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Go to a holistic doctor.  My son had terrible allergies until a holistic doctor changed our diet.  Sounds strange because it was seasonal allergies but it's true.

He was also vaccinated to 2 months old.  He's highly gifted but has sensory processing disorder, anxiety, visual and auditory processing problems, lacks lower level fine and gross motor skills, and lacks muscle strength especially in the upper body.  I breastfed and cloth diapered him as well.  He has been different from the day he was born!

My daughter however has always been healthy and completely fine.  She had zero vaccines.

emma0828
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Could he have a dairy allergy/sensitivity? The stuffy/runny nose along with fever and frequent infections makes me wonder so...good luck, and all four of mine with exception of first kiddo up til two months have been vaccine-free, and all have some sensitivities to food, eczema, one has asthma...and they DO get sick,. but, they don't seem to get sick to the same severity as others, mostly. Anyway, I feel your pain, mom, tried to do everyhing "right" and feel like my kids aren't necessarily the healthiest, but it makes me super-glad I made the decisions to look into not vaxxing because otherwise, they could be really sick, vaccine-injured or autistic. My brother in law s autistic and grandma has immune compromising illness, so don't think they have the best genes in that regard...vaxes could trigger something fierce on their system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN