Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone, I'm so thankful for this groups! So my son is 3 months old and has only gotten hept b. I skipped his two month check up to avoid the shots. As it is I am already not all the way comfortable with his pediatrician. I recently got him checked and his fine only thing is that he is very colicky and may have a bit of acid reflux. They scheduled his shots that he missed at 2 months for next week. However I plan on canceling that app. I have been advised to spread the shots and only two a time. But even then I don't feel comfortable I am very concerned of a bad side affect I know that here on California if kids are not up to their shots they can not attend school so that's a concern of mine. I really need some advice ???
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Replies (11-13):
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Yeah I was referring to naturopath

Quoting GoodyBrook:


Are you asking what a Naturopath is?  (Naturopata)

The last sentence referrs to the lies and misinformation that people in positions of power spread to scare us into vaccinating.  A doctor told me I could not put my children into school without vaccinations.  I looked into the laws of my state and found out that that doctor was lying to me.

Quoting MarleneAlexis:

I have never heard on that, can you explain ?

Quoting GoodyBrook:

If you don't like your Pediatrician or are feeling pressured, find a new practitioner.  My children's insurance covers Naturopaths, and they are perfectly qualified to conduct well-child check-ups.  Plus, they *might* be more understanding of your concerns.

I was told that my child couldn't attend pre-school in my state without being totally vaccinated.  Do they really believe we don't study the laws ourselves?!


by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Thank you so much, I have decided to decline ALL vaccines. I have heard that a chiropractor does help. I will def look into it thank you.

Quoting Liz132:

 I see you are a new member, Welcome! If you are not comfortable vaccinating don't do it! You can't take back what has been done if vaccinate but you can always research andvaccinate later if you chose to do so. There is nothing wrong with taking the time to make an educated decision, if you doctor can't respect that you want to have time to become fully informed before making a decision then you need to find a new doctor.  My son had acid reflux and colic when he was very young, I took him to a chiropractor and saw a large improvement. It's worth trying.

by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

First, if you're uncomfortable with your ped, find someone else.. Second, California has expemptions, so your son does not HAVE to have them to attend school. And thirdly, if you are not CERTAIN you want to vaccinate your son, then don't. Trust your instincts; vaccines can always be given, but they can never be taken away. And if you choose to vaccinate later, try not to speed vax him; don't overload his little immune system.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN