Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cecily johnson calls for vaccinatioms following death of her daughter

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 470 Total Views
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/cecily-johnson-calls-for-vaccinations-following-death-of-her-daughter/story-e6frf7jo-1226643310425
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM

How horrible for her.  :(  I can't imagine.  Though I have often thought about the 'what ifs.'  I am fairly confident our decision to not vax would remain.  But I understand her passion.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Horrible, but I still think the risks of the vaccines are worse.
Measles is extremely rarely fatal. The vaccine poses more risk. It risks the disease on top of the risks of the vaccine.
.sp4rkl3z.
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
My dad posted this to my Facebook and I pretty much said the same thing. He thinks I'm killing his grandkids. He only knows because my sister opened her big mouth. It's not up for discussion except he thinks he needs to show me every chance he gets that some people don't survive these rare infections

Quoting kitty8199:

Horrible, but I still think the risks of the vaccines are worse.

Measles is extremely rarely fatal. The vaccine poses more risk. It risks the disease on top of the risks of the vaccine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Definitely

Quoting micheledo:

How horrible for her.  :(  I can't imagine.  Though I have often thought about the 'what ifs.'  I am fairly confident our decision to not vax would remain.  But I understand her passion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM
can someone post the article? Im mobile (my phone doesnt support most websites either so clicky wont help). Measles is an easy disease to screw up. Inadequate diet (most americans kids have vitamin a deficiency im sure), giving fever-reducers like crazy, chilling the kid, not dimming lights, etc etc etc.. I mean, measles isnt terrifying and deadly. But it needs proper care and, yknow, common sense. Like we used to have when measles was still a thing. These days, people dont know *anything* about the "old" diseases. If you are going to have a child, whether or not you plan on vaccinating, you need to be educated on *all* topics that come with raising them, and diseases are one of them!! Measles has *never* gone away, it is an endemic disease in all parts of our country. Its always going to be a possibility that itll become virulent at any time.
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Laine was eventually diagnosed with subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE), a rare but fatal condition that affects the brain and spine.

Normally occurring within a decade of a child having the measles, the disease struck Laine seven years after she contracted the disease as a 10-month-old baby, two months shy of her scheduled vaccination.

Within two weeks Laine was blind. Then she lost the ability to walk or speak.

A registered nurse, Ms Johnson was forced to give up her job to become a full-time carer to her bedridden child.

"She didn't deserve that life," she said of the misery Laine endured before dying five years later at the age of 12.

"Part of me was relieved (when she died). Not for me, but for her. She didn't want to live like that. She had nothing in her life - she got washed, got fed, got washed, got fed. I used to take her out but she couldn't enjoy anything."

To those susceptible to the savvy marketing of anti-vaccinators, Ms Johnson warned parents the risk of an adverse reaction to vaccines was eclipsed by the risk of contracting a disease.

"When my daughter was ill I used to say to people who were against immunisation, 'Come and spend one day with me. Spend one day with my daughter and I tell you, you will immunise'," she said.

Still struggling to come to terms with her daughter's suffering, Ms Johnson was horrified by the recent outbreak of measles in NSW, the worst epidemic in 15 years: "I think, 'Don't let another family go through this, please'."

Join our #NoJabNoPlay campaign and sign our vaccination petition to make yourself heard

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM
There you go

Quoting wolfybaby:

can someone post the article? Im mobile (my phone doesnt support most websites either so clicky wont help). Measles is an easy disease to screw up. Inadequate diet (most americans kids have vitamin a deficiency im sure), giving fever-reducers like crazy, chilling the kid, not dimming lights, etc etc etc.. I mean, measles isnt terrifying and deadly. But it needs proper care and, yknow, common sense. Like we used to have when measles was still a thing. These days, people dont know *anything* about the "old" diseases. If you are going to have a child, whether or not you plan on vaccinating, you need to be educated on *all* topics that come with raising them, and diseases are one of them!! Measles has *never* gone away, it is an endemic disease in all parts of our country. Its always going to be a possibility that itll become virulent at any time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:24 PM
4 moms liked this
I feel for her, I really do, but not any more than I do for the parents who have lost children or whose children are disabled due to vaccines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by New Owner on May. 16, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

i woulda put back on his fb wall articles showing how most of the vaxxed population caught measles, and also the fraud behind two Merck employees pushing a vaccine they knew had problems with efficacy.  Vaccination is not a one size fits all preventive care, that is best for everyone. 

ilostmy_keys
by New Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Vaccination is not immunization!!!! When are people going to understand this?? Devastating story but I still believe vaccinations carry higher risks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)