Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need an attorney in PA

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 221 Total Views

I haven't been to CafeMom in forever!! Never thought I'd be in this position, but my ex and I are fighting over vaccinating our 5-yr-old (obviously I'm against it), and I need some advice/resources.

I live in York, PA, and am trying to find a local attorney who will help me get a court order against my ex-husband vaccinating our child. Do you have any ideas for resources that would help me locate such a person? I've talked to Alan Phillips, and he's willing to consult with a family lawyer, but obviously he's not local and can't do it all himself. The family lawyer I have presently who's helping me finalize the divorce doesn't seem to have the knowledge or desire to help. I want one who's knowledgeable about and interested in the subject.

Thanks for any help!

by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
emmy526
by New Owner on May. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Kari78
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Oh thank you!! There are two in PA on there, I'll contact them and ask if they have any advice.

paigesmommy5264
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Do you have a custody order? You can ask for full physical/legal custody meaning he has no rights to do that..
Kari78
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I would love to have full custody (right now it's joint), but can't imagine I have legal grounds to obtain it...

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM

You might want to look into "homeoprophylaxis" as a middle ground.  It's vaccination via homeopathic means--pills, not injections.  It's seen as voodoo science as some, but there are some proven incidents of it working.

Here's an interesting link to get you thinking about it...  Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the different countries where it was used with success.  http://www.thevaccinealternative.com/

Kari78
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 2:33 PM

No, he doesn't want to vaccinate our son b/c he's concerned about health/diseases, it's only to start a fight...unfortunately. I'm sure he wouldn't care about something (like the homeopathic vaccines) unless I were against it.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Can you prove that?
One option is trying to get full legal, joint physical.
He'd still get the kid, but you make all decisions.

There are options. Like saying mom gets tie breaker vote, mom makes non emergency medical decisions.

Quoting Kari78:

No, he doesn't want to vaccinate our son b/c he's concerned about health/diseases, it's only to start a fight...unfortunately. I'm sure he wouldn't care about something (like the homeopathic vaccines) unless I were against it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kari78
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I think I could probably make a reasonable case! I'll have to talk to my attorney, thanks.

Quoting kitty8199:

Can you prove that?
One option is trying to get full legal, joint physical.
He'd still get the kid, but you make all decisions.

There are options. Like saying mom gets tie breaker vote, mom makes non emergency medical decisions.

Quoting Kari78:

Kari78
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Would it be risking my own legal custody (even the joint legal custody I have now) if I got a pro-vaccine judge, though? I know I'll ask my attorney these things, but like I said she doesn't have much experience or interest in matters related to vaccines (even though she does in custody matters in general).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)