Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone read "doctor" ? Can you translate this for me? :)

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 684 Total Views

DS1 was diagnosed with seasonal allergies, so I'm assuming that the following sentence in his chart refers to this.  But I'd like to know what it says in layman's terms:

Nares with boggy turbinates purulent rhinorrhea.

The notes were all typed, so this is an exact duplicate...

Thanks!

by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
emmy526
by New Owner on May. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

it basically means his nasal passages are inflamed and red and swollen..here  is a description

http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/556144_2

jellyphish
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
The only thing I can translate out of that is rhinorrhea, which means nasal discharge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Nostril and turbinates (small boney like structures in the airway) are swollen with a pus like drainage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
4 moms liked this

OK, got it.  The boy's got boogers in his nose.  :)

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Lol pretty much

Quoting GoodyBrook:

OK, got it.  The boy's got boogers in his nose.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbuck75
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

"Nares" refers toi the nostrils.  Sometimes you can have only one "nare" that has the symptoms and sometimes both are involved. "Boggy" means filled with fluid and/or swollen. Turbinates refers to the small curved bone that extends horizontally along the lateral wall of the nasal passage, so what he is stating there is that these turbinates are fluid filled and/or swollen. Puralent rhinorrhea means discharge suggestive of either chronic allergy or sinus infection.

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Quoting starbuck75:

"Nares" refers toi the nostrils.  Sometimes you can have only one "nare" that has the symptoms and sometimes both are involved. "Boggy" means filled with fluid and/or swollen. Turbinates refers to the small curved bone that extends horizontally along the lateral wall of the nasal passage, so what he is stating there is that these turbinates are fluid filled and/or swollen. Puralent rhinorrhea means discharge suggestive of either chronic allergy or sinus infection.

Well, I know who I"m going to PM to translate the rest of my medical documents!  (Just kidding!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)