Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ending 'net spying, but vaccine tracking is OK

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 497 Total Views

wtf....

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/06/86-civil-liberties-groups-and-internet.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ActivistPost+%28Activist+Post%29

yet nothing has been said about monitoring ALL the kids vax status in the USA..isn't that an infringement of privacy too?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZoeyBethsMomma
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Ridiculous! I recently registered my DD for kindergarten with a religious exemption in MO. Now suddenly I'm getting phone calls from the University of Missouri in conjunction with the CDC with "random, anonymous" surveys about our family's health and wellness practices. Coincidence? I think not! I politely told them both times that we're not interested in participating and please remove us from your list. Do they think I'm stupid? Well, of course they think I'm stupid, but you know what I mean!

emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM

most likely sent up a red flag, and your number got put in the pool with other 'noncompliers', and calling you is a way to get info from you on your way of living...NONE of their business at all

Quoting ZoeyBethsMomma:

Ridiculous! I recently registered my DD for kindergarten with a religious exemption in MO. Now suddenly I'm getting phone calls from the University of Missouri in conjunction with the CDC with "random, anonymous" surveys about our family's health and wellness practices. Coincidence? I think not! I politely told them both times that we're not interested in participating and please remove us from your list. Do they think I'm stupid? Well, of course they think I'm stupid, but you know what I mean!

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM

At my oldest son's first injections, the CPNP convinced us that it would be best to "opt in" to out states vaccine database that can be accessed by any doc in the state at any time...  Now I'm wondering if that info goes beyond the state.  (And if I should now "opt out!")

emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM

yes, call and tell them to remove your child from the state tracking registry...do you really want the state potentially knowing everything you do or your child does?  I just don't trust it..even when it came out in the 90's, i had my kids removed from it.   

Quoting GoodyBrook:

At my oldest son's first injections, the CPNP convinced us that it would be best to "opt in" to out states vaccine database that can be accessed by any doc in the state at any time...  Now I'm wondering if that info goes beyond the state.  (And if I should now "opt out!")

mjrex87
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Are you automatically enrolled in the registry or do you have to choose to be in it? I don't want my child in something like that!

Quoting emmy526:

yes, call and tell them to remove your child from the state tracking registry...do you really want the state potentially knowing everything you do or your child does?  I just don't trust it..even when it came out in the 90's, i had my kids removed from it.   

Quoting GoodyBrook:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

i believe it is now automatic enrollment no matter where you live...altho if you don't go to a dr, never brought your kid to one, had a homebirth, and don't have insurance, i don't think you'd get on the state registy...the state registry now has to give the feds, and schools access to this info too.  That's why its a good thing to get off that list. 

Quoting mjrex87:

Are you automatically enrolled in the registry or do you have to choose to be in it? I don't want my child in something like that!

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

mjrex87
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Okay, so I searched, "Tennessee Vaccine Registry" and it brought up the Dept. of Health. Is that who I call to remove my child from the list? 

Quoting emmy526:

i believe it is now automatic enrollment no matter where you live...altho if you don't go to a dr, never brought your kid to one, had a homebirth, and don't have insurance, i don't think you'd get on the state registy...the state registry now has to give the feds, and schools access to this info too.  That's why its a good thing to get off that list. 

Quoting mjrex87:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, and if you have insurance, call them too

Quoting mjrex87:

Okay, so I searched, "Tennessee Vaccine Registry" and it brought up the Dept. of Health. Is that who I call to remove my child from the list? 

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting mjrex87:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Wouldn't that be against the PRivacy act of 1974? I think that is the year.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting mjrex87:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM

things have changed as far as vaccine tracking goes, and who can know what info...the gov wants to enroll ALL school children in a nat'l database, accessible by school nurses, and in some states, this is already linked up...the digest, Fiercepharma has the lowdown on what's going on..with the way things are changing with exemptions now, gov thinks it has the right to invasion of privacy, even in the matter of vaccines, and parental choice. 

Quoting Baby4us09:

Wouldn't that be against the PRivacy act of 1974? I think that is the year.

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting mjrex87:

Quoting emmy526:

Quoting GoodyBrook:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN