Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ending 'net spying, but vaccine tracking is OK

Posted by   + Show Post

wtf....

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/06/86-civil-liberties-groups-and-internet.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ActivistPost+%28Activist+Post%29

yet nothing has been said about monitoring ALL the kids vax status in the USA..isn't that an infringement of privacy too?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Replies (11-18):
msboerschinger
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM
In Cali when I had my son they needed a signed form to allow him to be out in the registry so if I "lost" his record cough cough they can look it up which makes no sense cuz if you lost the card you go back to the dr duh but still said no (even when I was on the fence) I don't like the idea of the state or government knowing what I do or don't do.
HiNeedNiki
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Call me paranoid, but I've asked to be unsubscribed from spam and survey calls in general, and they failed to do so. Why should I believe that asking for removal will produce the results I want? I Would think they would then have even further reason to monitor my kids and who knows, since I have medicaid, they might "coincidentally" start giving me problems using it (or end it altogether) if I don't comply with their tracking.
emmy526
by New Owner on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM

i've used medicaid for a number of years, and have had no problems with tracking refusal, or services provided..actually, my choices have never been questioned by anyone other than friends

Quoting HiNeedNiki:

Call me paranoid, but I've asked to be unsubscribed from spam and survey calls in general, and they failed to do so. Why should I believe that asking for removal will produce the results I want? I Would think they would then have even further reason to monitor my kids and who knows, since I have medicaid, they might "coincidentally" start giving me problems using it (or end it altogether) if I don't comply with their tracking.

Andri1
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM

It seems that in Florida is optional. It is under Florida Shots website.

emmy526
by New Owner on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

"DO NOT DO ANYTHING IF YOU WANT YOUR CHILD’S SHOT RECORD TO BE TRACKED IN FLORIDA SHOTS BY YOUR DOCTOR, NURSE, SCHOOL OR CHILD CARE CENTER THAT HAVE APPROVED ACCESS. If you do not want your child’s shot data tracked in Florida SHOTS, follow the steps below."

http://www.flshots.com/_pdfs/OptOutDH-1478.pdf

Quoting Andri1:

It seems that in Florida is optional. It is under Florida Shots website.

people with religious exemptions are still tracked, UNLESS they opt-out.

GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I called up our County Health Department last week and "opted out."  The nurse was very confused by my request and said that no one had ever wanted to opt out before...  Here's hoping DS1's no longer in the system!

Caitlyn137
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:27 AM
How do I get my child off that registry list?
emmy526
by New Owner on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:54 AM

call your ins co and tell them you want to opt out of the tracking...

Quoting Caitlyn137:

How do I get my child off that registry list?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)