Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help with a "No Questions Asked" Vaccine Exemption Letter for School

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 346 Total Views
Hello, my DD will be 5 next month. She starts school this fall. I have always thought I would homeschool my children but my DD is very set on wanting to attend public school like her older half sister. She is excited and I want to give her that experience, even if it's only for the first few years. We do not vaccinate at all. Her Doctor seems supportive and only pressed the issue at her very first appointment when we switched to him at a year old. He never again question my decision for her or her brother. I want to be sure I have an outstanding letter to submit to the school. I have anxiety issues sometimes and I do not like conflict so I want to just bypass all the drama and feel confident in the letter. I am absolutely confident in my decision not to vaccinate but we all know how that goes with people very closed minded. So help me please! I live in PA. We have 2 exemptions, religious and medical. I will be going the religious route. What will I need and what can I expect to in counter going this way. Thanks so much for your help ladies!
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jellyphish
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM
http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/pennsylvania.htm#cert

It looks pretty basic. All you have to do is say you object because vaccinations contradict your religious beliefs. They can't question you about your religious beliefs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The letter I use is:

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Religious Exemption, (Child)

We, (Parents) being the legal guardians of (Child), object to the vaccination requirements as outlined by the Department of Health of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as defined by 27.PA.CODE CH. 77 on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief as outlined in section §23.84 Exemption from immunization. On that basis, (Child) will receive no further/no vaccinations.

Sincerely,

(Name), mother

(Sign here)

(Name), father

(Sign here)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Vacation tickers
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
They can't ask. Ask you have to say its it's against my religion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Awesome! Thank you so much! This eases my mind.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

The letter I use is:

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Religious Exemption, (Child)

We, (Parents) being the legal guardians of (Child), object to the vaccination requirements as outlined by the Department of Health of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as defined by 27.PA.CODE CH. 77 on the basis of a strong moral or ethical conviction similar to a religious belief as outlined in section §23.84 Exemption from immunization. On that basis, (Child) will receive no further/no vaccinations.

Sincerely,

(Name), mother

(Sign here)

(Name), father

(Sign here)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)