Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update! Tuesday they will want to stick my baby

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 796 Total Views
3 moms liked this
UPDATE
The doctor didn't even ask. She was really nice about the whole thing. She just said that some of the diseases sometimes cause horrible sickness and death. Then she had me sign a form, that I actually read all the way through, that said she talked to me.

One thing irked me though, she kept calling the vaccinations "immunizations". But I know she's been trained to say that, so whatever.

Thanks for all the help ladies!




My DD will be going for her 2 month appointment on Tuseday. Her doctor is pro vax, there aren't any anti vax doctors I can stand that will take her insurance. I'm not getting any vaccines for her at all. I need some tips on telling my doctor, I know she will probably try to talk me into it.
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM
2 moms liked this
You can either go with the "I'm delaying until 2"

Or you can just tell her NO & that its not open for discussion.
Ichthus
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Did you call and ask if they accept nonvaxing families? If you didn't, I would call tomorrow and find out if she will even work with you. If not, I would cancel the appointment and keep looking for a different doctor. Look into a family practitioner rather than a pediatrician. If you decide to go to the appointement, tell her you are still researching and you are not going to get any vaccines right now. RADmomma also had good answers.

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:35 PM
5 moms liked this

DON'T GIVE IN!!!!

No matter WHAT your doctor says, no matter how much your doctor may scare you with facts - ONE DAY WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Thank him/her for the information and go home and research it.  If for some reason you become convinced that you made the biggest mistake and should have given her the shot, the doctor's office will be more then happy to let you return and get the shot.

DON'T BUDGE!!!!  Don't make any decisions at the appointment.  It isn't life and death.  :D

You'll do fine!

Liz132
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

 I agree with you except for the "it isn't life and death" part because it could be given a bad reaction to a vaccine. Everyone tries to scare you with the "risks" to not vaccinating but it's very important to remember there are also risks when you chose to vaccinate as well. (I know you know that Micheledo I'm just saying that for the benefit of the OP)

Quoting micheledo:

DON'T GIVE IN!!!!

No matter WHAT your doctor says, no matter how much your doctor may scare you with facts - ONE DAY WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Thank him/her for the information and go home and research it.  If for some reason you become convinced that you made the biggest mistake and should have given her the shot, the doctor's office will be more then happy to let you return and get the shot.

DON'T BUDGE!!!!  Don't make any decisions at the appointment.  It isn't life and death.  :D

You'll do fine!

 

PEEK05
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

With my second, I was nervous and did the "I'm delaying until 2" excuse.  Once my third was born, I got more confident and just told her that we decided not to do any with either of the children.  She is pro-vax BUT she also supports the parents making the decisions, so she is okay with it.  She said she might give us pro-vax information at each of the check-ups but that the decision is still totally up to me.

Quoting RADmomma:

You can either go with the "I'm delaying until 2"

Or you can just tell her NO & that its not open for discussion.





lilypad12788
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Thanks :)


Quoting micheledo:

DON'T GIVE IN!!!!

No matter WHAT your doctor says, no matter how much your doctor may scare you with facts - ONE DAY WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Thank him/her for the information and go home and research it.  If for some reason you become convinced that you made the biggest mistake and should have given her the shot, the doctor's office will be more then happy to let you return and get the shot.

DON'T BUDGE!!!!  Don't make any decisions at the appointment.  It isn't life and death.  :D

You'll do fine!


lilypad12788
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Honestly, I never thought to just tell her no O.o now I feel stupid. I always just thought I would have to explain.


Quoting RADmomma:

You can either go with the "I'm delaying until 2"



Or you can just tell her NO & that its not open for discussion.


lilypad12788
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Some doctors won't accept non-vaxing families? Wow. I'm only 3 months into my non-vaxing research. I have a lot to learn.


Quoting Ichthus:

Did you call and ask if they accept nonvaxing families? If you didn't, I would call tomorrow and find out if she will even work with you. If not, I would cancel the appointment and keep looking for a different doctor. Look into a family practitioner rather than a pediatrician. If you decide to go to the appointement, tell her you are still researching and you are not going to get any vaccines right now. RADmomma also had good answers.


lilypad12788
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
And the side effects scare the crap out of me. She's more likely to have a bad reaction than to get some of the diseases.


Quoting Liz132:

 I agree with you except for the "it isn't life and death" part because it could be given a bad reaction to a vaccine. Everyone tries to scare you with the "risks" to not vaccinating but it's very important to remember there are also risks when you chose to vaccinate as well. (I know you know that Micheledo I'm just saying that for the benefit of the OP)


Quoting micheledo:


DON'T GIVE IN!!!!


No matter WHAT your doctor says, no matter how much your doctor may scare you with facts - ONE DAY WILL NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Thank him/her for the information and go home and research it.  If for some reason you become convinced that you made the biggest mistake and should have given her the shot, the doctor's office will be more then happy to let you return and get the shot.


DON'T BUDGE!!!!  Don't make any decisions at the appointment.  It isn't life and death.  :D


You'll do fine!


 


lilypad12788
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM
This is my first, so I don't know what she will say.


Quoting PEEK05:

With my second, I was nervous and did the "I'm delaying until 2" excuse.  Once my third was born, I got more confident and just told her that we decided not to do any with either of the children.  She is pro-vax BUT she also supports the parents making the decisions, so she is okay with it.  She said she might give us pro-vax information at each of the check-ups but that the decision is still totally up to me.

Quoting RADmomma:

You can either go with the "I'm delaying until 2"



Or you can just tell her NO & that its not open for discussion.



Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)