Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bringing up the topic...

Posted by   + Show Post

I need help with bringing up the topic of vaccines with my brother. He and his gf are expecting a little girl in October. I have never talked to him about vaccines before so I don't even know where to start. Obviously I don't want to overwhelm him. I want to approach it as a concerned sister and future aunt. My mom supports my decision to not vax and she even bought The Vaccine Book for them, so that's a major plus. I just want to strongly encourage them to do the research and to hold off on vaccines until they've really done the research. I feel so strongly about it that I'm afraid of coming on too strong. Also, my brother's gf is an EMT and studying to be a nurse...so that makes me nervous to discuss the topic with them since most people in the medical field just automatically believe in vaccines... So I'm planning on just talking to him first. I just don't know how to bring up the topic and how much to say. Any advice would be helpful! TIA!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Replies (11-11):
GoodyBrook
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I know a lot of women don't know all of the "interventions" that are done to their child at birth...from bathing and eye gunk to early cord clamping,  Vitamin K, and Hep B. 

Perhaps if you discuss all of the things that a newborn has happen to them in a hospital, it would open their eyes to even MORE than the vaccine issue.  (Why must our precious babies have so many interventions within hours of their births?!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN