Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

telling pedi you will no longer vax? *Update*

Posted by   + Show Post

ok, so, i have been a member here for probably a couple months now but have not really came into the group much. 

i have 3 kids. ages 10 years, 5 years, and 3 years.

my oldest was fully vaccinated, and the other 2 were receiving all vax's until... i cant even remember, but its been maybe 1 1/2 years.

my 5 year old will be starting kindergarten this coming year, and hopefully my 3 year old will be starting head start. 

i am putting off calling the pedi to take them in for their regular checkup, because i will have to tell him that i will no longer have them vaccinated. he is a really nice and a good doctor. he cares very much for his patients and turns to meds in a last resort manner.

i just dont know how he feels about vaccinations, i dont know if he will tell me how important they are and all that. and i am not one of those people that can stand my ground easily with some people. so im affraid of feeling intimidated or being made to feel like i have no choice but to have those toxins injected into my kids.

i am just wondering the reactions others have gotten. anyone who has vaccinated then decided not to anymore, when you talked to the pedi about it, what was their reaction and what did they do? were they on board with you or try making you change your mind?

my plan is to sign a religous excemption for them to go to school. i just have to get passed the fear of telling their pedi that i will no longer have my kids vaccinated.    

Update

my son had his appointment on august 1st.

i was nervous about bringing the subject up but once the dr brought up his shot records and started talking about what he "needs" to get, i finally came out with him about my feelings. I told him that i have done some research and am thinking about not vaccinating my kids.  he seemed confused and was saying that it is up to me but he feels the pro's outweigh the cons and that there are new state laws that i cant just claim religious reasons, i would have to watch a video and stuff. he said there is an outbreak of wooping cough so i did say to go ahead and give my son the shot for that but for the rest, i will do more research. he seemed like he didnt like the fact that i dont want to vaccinate. he asked me what info made me decide not to, at that moment, i had no idea what to say.

after that talk, the nurse (which otherwise was always very nice and friendly at ALL times for the last 5 or so years) seemed to kinda have an attitude towards me.

i am not sure what to do. he is an extremely good doctor, but i am not sure how to get past this in good standings with him and the nurse.

my youngest daughters appointment is on the 7th and so i will be going through it again. uugh.

I make and sell jewelry, Check out my shop Mommy&Me

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Replies (11-11):
anity
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Yeah it was like 3, I think tetanus and one other. Was with it.

Quoting dedicatedrider:

There is no such thing as just a Pertussis vaccine, just FYI, your child most likely received the DTaP, or Diphtheria, Tetanus, and a-cellular Pertussis.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)