Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horros stories from Vaccine Freedom Wall

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:57 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

http://www.nvic.org/Forms/Cry-For-Vaccine-Freedom-Wall.aspx

Date Posted: Jul 10, 2013
I wanted to not get my flu shot this year. As an employee, nurse at a hospital you had to have a religious or medical reason to not get it. I tried to get both but were refused by my doctor and my priest. Therefore I was left to have to get it, or lose my job.
  --------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2013
Nurse failed to inform me of waivers in place for families wishing to enroll their children into public school. Has happened repetitively and I know many parents with the same experience. Wish there were teeth in the law to penalize those that do not disclose exemption options as provided by law.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: Jul 03, 2013
The hospital I work at now is requiring the mandatory flu shot. I filed a religious exemption. To do this I had to get my Pastor to fill out a sheet, get a 3rd party person to attest to my sincerity and write a personal statement on my deeply held religious convictions. I turned all of this paper work in and now have to appear before a hospital hired judge to plead my case. Then he gets to determine whether I can have my exemption!! How can this man judge my heart, my conviction! This is not America, this is tyranny, religious persecution!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: Jul 02, 2013
My granddaughter had a reaction to a DTap shot at 2 years of age. After a week, the site on her leg swelled, her whole thigh, turned bright red, was hot, and had a huge hard knot, she ran a low grade temp, & was listless. They were on vacation when the reaction started. They took her to an urgent care, who immediately sent them to the nearest children's hospital. The dr there said it was a reaction to the vaccination, & wrote it up that way. When they returned home, my daughter took her to the pediatrician. He exaimined her leg which was still swollen & red, & still had the hard knot. He agreed it was a reaction to the vaccination & that there was no way to know which part of the shot caused the reaction. He agreed with my daughter that she not vaccinate any more, because there was a good chance she would react to the other shots. My granddaughter is now 6, is a happy, healthy, bright little girl. When she went to preschool last year her peditrician wrote a medical waiver for her to attend school. This year, when asked for a waiver to attend public kindergarten, he refused. He said things had changed, implying that under obamacare he could not write a waiver. He advised my daughter to get a religious waiver. She was very upset, but went straight to the health dept. The nurse told her that she knew she was coming, that she had had a call about the situation. She told my daughter that her peditrition had allerted them that she was on her way to get a religious waiver. The nurse refused to give her a religious waiver because, she said I know (because of the nurse calling) what you need is a medical waiver. She said the dr could write one on a child that had had a reaction. My daughter told her that the dr refused, & the health dept nurse said "Sorry". We are furious! The pediatritions nurse stepped way out of bounds by contacting the health dept. She had nothing to gain, so we think she did it just to be mean, & thinking it would force us to vaccinate my granddaughter. She took our last option out of our hands. We are filing a complaint with the AMA, & the Health & Human Resources Dept on the advice of a lawyer. We are very disappointed in the dr whom my family has been with for almost 30 years, & extremely disgusted with his nurse. My daughter is looking for another dr, but we doubt they will do anything different. We are joining the fight for parental rights to op-out of vaccinating our babies! Thank you for all you do. Disgusted in Alabama
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: Jun 26, 2013
Last year I had my first flu vaccine. I am a RN and work 12 hour nights. We were informed that every employee must have the vaccine. They claim they are not forcing us to take the vaccine, because we can work if we wear a mask for 12 hours. I did not think this was something I could tolerate so took the vaccine. I ended up with a viral lung infection and was off work for 2 weeks. My first sick days in 3 years. I have always had a strong immune system and feel that the vaccine destroyed that. I will not take it again. Will suffer through wearing a mask.
1234567...Last

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
DavonnaC
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

These are so sad. The one lady with the granddaughter should be ale to report some kind of hippa violation since that nurse obviously gave out private info. I'm trying to get pregnant now and I'm not going to vaccinate. Looks like in the future this will be harder and harder. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)