Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Approached by A Stranger About Vaccines

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
5 moms liked this

The other day my husband and I were at the mall letting our two boys who have never received a vaccine in their life play in the play place. As we were getting ready to leave this woman in scrubs with her child comes up to me and hands me a card, the word that catches my eye on it is "Vaccine" I thought "Oh no, here is a person to push vaccines" but then she starts talking. 

"I'm a nurse practitioner and I just want to let other women know when it comes to getting your child vaccinated you have a choice, you can do the full schedule, delay vaccine or choose not to get any of them. I'm with a group of practitioners that believe vaccines may cause autism on top of other things as well. Are you kids up to date on their vaccines? or have you ever given vaccines a second thought?"

I about died with relief and told her we didn't vaccinate at all and she thought that was wonderful and glad to hear a mother had researched for herself and realized she had a choice. It gave me so much hope that I would be approached by a stranger at the mall to tell me the dangers of vaccinating my kid and giving me a card with information to get dvd's on vaccines. :)

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
emmy526
by New Owner on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

wow..that's pretty bold of someone...glad there are unknown members of our army out there willing to share info like that...maybe it will open others' eyes

MommyO2-6631
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Why can't I find any people like this LOL.... instead I just get torn a new one by family!
emmy526
by New Owner on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:32 AM

how about telling your family your dr agree with your decision?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Why can't I find any people like this LOL.... instead I just get torn a new one by family!

MommyO2-6631
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
We're to the point where we don't have a doctor. I'm just to the point with family that I tell them it's my decision and refuse to be around people who are arguing with me about it. So if they want to see the kids they have to knock it off.

Quoting emmy526:

how about telling your family your dr agree with your decision?

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Baby4us09
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Agree pretty cool. Don't see that .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)